automatic page refreshes?
10:04pm, 24 Jan 2013
ChrisHBIf I'm on the Forums page, go away to a different window for a while and return to the window containing the Forums page, then without my having refreshed the page, it has been updated so that the top entry is less than a minute old.
But if from the Forums page I go and read a thread, and then use the BACK button to return to Forums, then it can be hours out of date.
What's going on?
10:16pm, 24 Jan 2013
fetcheveryoneThe 'Back' button pulls the page directly from browser memory/cache, and as such it probably represents the last time you requested that page in its entirety from the server. If however, you leave the 'thread list' page sitting in your browser, it's programmed to update its own listings dynamically every few minutes, but it's not updating the whole page.
10:40pm, 24 Jan 2013
ChrisHBThank you. Just as long as I'm not seeing things.
11:52am, 25 Jan 2013
sprouty76You'll see the same on other dynamic sites - e.g. follow a link on Facebook or twitter and then go back, and you'll sometimes see the content from the last time you loaded it briefly. I think they check for updates almost immediately on page loading though.
About This Thread
- Topic Titles That Follow on from One another in the Topic List Nov 2023
- Share Threads On Twitter Nov 2023
- New forum feature: useful links Nov 2022
- Bunting and other things Jun 2022
- Blocking users so you don have to read their posts Jan 2022
- New forum layout, aarrgghh my eyes Nov 2020
- The Tinker Man - Unread posts on Watched Threads Aug 2020
- Threads youve contributed to Jul 2020
- Like? Jul 2020
- Poll: Ditch the forum categories? Feb 2020
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?