Tyres and inner tubes.

0 watcher
Jan 2012
7:38pm, 30 Jan 2012
215 posts
  •  
Chris the Fish
Ok, this may sound like a numpty question, but here goes.

I have nobbly 700x40c tyres on my Hybrid and would like to change them to thinner slicks, I was thinking about 30s or even 28s but Im not sure if id need new inner tubes.

Would I need smaller tubes for the smaller tyres or would the ones in my 40s do?

Cheers folks
Jan 2012
8:19pm, 30 Jan 2012
714 posts
  •  
Lisa T
I changed my tyres on my cyclocross from 32c to 28c & my inners were fine for both tyre sizes. If you've still got the inner box, it'll say what the range is. My Conti Cross ranges from 25c-35c. If not, you could google your inner. Those in the know (ie, them propa bike folk) may have a better way of telling!
Jan 2012
8:24pm, 30 Jan 2012
4,391 posts
  •  
The Pilotlight
your inner tube may have a size stamped on it, often the manufacturers put a 28c tube into the tyre. if that is so, then it'll work, if it's a big thick 38-40c tube then no. when putting the tube in make sure it's not pinching between the rim and tube, or it'll go BANG!
Jan 2012
9:43pm, 30 Jan 2012
216 posts
  •  
Chris the Fish
Cheers guys, lll have the tyre off and have a look.

:)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chris the Fish
Ok, this may sound like a numpty question, but here goes.

I have nobbly 700x40c tyres on my Hybri...