BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
The 30% rule: Long run milage vs weekly milage
11:40am, 21 Apr 2018
SPRPodcast was good. I'm thinking about how I change my training a little for the track season ATM and it was a good reminder that the long run can dropped some weeks (I always drop it in race week, including winter on XC weekends which provide the endurance stimulus I need).
For context, long is 9-11, my general runs when not near a race are 6-7. My main objectives are at 5000m and below.
About This Thread
Maintained by marofmtl
- Myth of the 20-mile long run
- Marathon training Long Runs - Why so shattering?
- Marathon Training - Long Run - Only every second week
- Is it normal to have blue lips after a long run?
- Back to back 20m & 10m
- Long slow run pace
- Is a Saturday Parkrun compatible with a Sunday LSR?
- What is long? What is slow?
- Numpty question on LSR pace
- Fortnightly Long Runs