The 30% rule: Long run milage vs weekly milage
11:40am, 21 Apr 2018
SPRPodcast was good. I'm thinking about how I change my training a little for the track season ATM and it was a good reminder that the long run can dropped some weeks (I always drop it in race week, including winter on XC weekends which provide the endurance stimulus I need).
For context, long is 9-11, my general runs when not near a race are 6-7. My main objectives are at 5000m and below.
- Myth of the 20-mile long run
- Marathon training Long Runs - Why so shattering?
- Marathon Training - Long Run - Only every second week
- Is it normal to have blue lips after a long run?
- Back to back 20m & 10m
- Long slow run pace
- Is a Saturday Parkrun compatible with a Sunday LSR?
- What is long? What is slow?
- Numpty question on LSR pace
- Fortnightly Long Runs
Track Your Exercise Reps
Press ups, sit ups, dips, squats - track it all here
The Ultra League
See the longest runs, rides, swims and walks from any given year on Fetcheveryone
Use your credits to buy and sell runners to make a profit. And 14 Fetch Virtual Badges up for grabs. Just for fun!
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.