Red and hot ears

1 watcher
Feb 2012
7:20pm, 10 Feb 2012
17 posts
  •  
stuman
Serious question, does any know why you ears suddenlty get very hot to touch and red?? I have been told that it is caused because the body is releasing excess heat as a way to regulate temperature. Does anyone else have experience of this I have read on forums that a few people do get this problem but I can\'t find much info on it.???? It only seems to happen when I am inside the house so not much good for keeping my hands warm on a cold day outside :(

Bit worried it could be caused by high blood pressure as I have had issues with this in the past probably because I am 3 stone overweight, but any helpful advice would be recommended. Also it seems to be happening more since I came off of anti-depresants as I was taking Venalfaxine although this may be nothing to do with it.???
Feb 2012
7:31am, 24 Feb 2012
614 posts
  •  
loki
hi stu. if your body is struggling to regulate its temperature, are you getting enough to drink? can't be any more helpful than that. if you're worried about bp many pharmacies will test it for you, or get yourself to the docs. hope you get it sorted.
Feb 2012
7:33am, 24 Feb 2012
39,536 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Generally high blood pressure doesnt cause any symptioms at all
But if you are concerned, its pretty simple to get it checked out

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by stuman
Serious question, does any know why you ears suddenlty get very hot to touch and red?? I have been t...