Private Driveway - No Turning!

2 watchers
Apr 2013
4:06pm, 29 Apr 2013
6,979 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
When we were apes, we protected our territory with our fists and sticks because we needed to secure a food supply from other predatory apes
We became hunter-gatherers and protected our territory with spears and bows
Now our food comes from Tesco but the drive to protect our territory hasn't gone away
Evolution ?
Apr 2013
4:08pm, 29 Apr 2013
3,306 posts
  •  
Tav H
We don't have a driveway, and I regular get frozen out of the space outside by twunts working at the Civic Centre 50 yards down the road. How odd it is that permit parking only starts 100 yards closer to the "city" centre. Hmmm.
Apr 2013
4:09pm, 29 Apr 2013
3,045 posts
  •  
Battlecat
Because the Tesco van needs to be able to stop outside your house?
Apr 2013
4:19pm, 29 Apr 2013
822 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
I'd be very suprised if the Tesco van could find my house. Only John Lewis have ever shown any competance in doing so.
Apr 2013
4:21pm, 29 Apr 2013
3,307 posts
  •  
Tav H
Only Waitrose come around here. I think they're allowed to stop where they like.
Feb 2021
10:53am, 9 Feb 2021
1,959 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
@ Jenl I am quite tickled by the idea that someone with no car would get in a state about "his/her" empty space being used just because "It's mine".

There are houses across from us with no drive. Each house therefore has 2 allocated spaces. Everyone who has a one car household parks in the middle over both spaces.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Argie
I turned in it, didn't have to but seemed rude not to.