BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Mizuno Wave Rider 13 Replacement
8:37am, 10 Feb 2012
QuickstepkingSo I've been running in Mizuno Wave Rider13s for about a year, and my log on Fetch says they've just passed the 300 mile mark. I'm very happy with them, but I'm training for VLM 2012 in April, so I need a replacement in the near future. I'm a popular size 9, so can't get hold of the 13s any more. I've read lots of negative things about the 14s, and there's a suggestion that the 15s are a good shoe but maybe not as good as the 13s.
Has anyone been in a similar position? Did you find a shoe that you think is just as good? Has anyone tried the Wave Creations?
I've heard the Creations are for the heavier runners / heel strikers. I'm 12ish stone, and probably quite heavy on the heel - anyone know if they might be a good alternative?
Thanks in advance for all the advice that I'm sure will now flow!
9:16am, 10 Feb 2012
mikepAfter trying many, many shoes(including creations) I settled on Rider 14s. Did 340 in the first pair (then got 3 pairs at discounted prices) . Second pair will be retired at 350 miles on Sunday.
If you can track down some 14's I think you will like them.
About This Thread
Maintained by Quickstepking
- Fantasy Football
- Midsummer Night 10,000m Classic in Leeds
- Can I have a pink gin please?
- Portsmouth Costal half marathon 13 Feb 2022 50% off if you sign up today before midnight
- Posh Totty
- Social networking for fundraising
- This week I have mostly been...
- all about apple watch and looking for people to do sharing competitions with
- Adidas - 30% off until 27/9
- Free night in PI in Dover for 4 August