Mizuno Wave Rider 13 Replacement

1 watcher
Feb 2012
8:37am, 10 Feb 2012
7 posts
  •  
Quickstepking
So I've been running in Mizuno Wave Rider13s for about a year, and my log on Fetch says they've just passed the 300 mile mark. I'm very happy with them, but I'm training for VLM 2012 in April, so I need a replacement in the near future. I'm a popular size 9, so can't get hold of the 13s any more. I've read lots of negative things about the 14s, and there's a suggestion that the 15s are a good shoe but maybe not as good as the 13s.

Has anyone been in a similar position? Did you find a shoe that you think is just as good? Has anyone tried the Wave Creations?

I've heard the Creations are for the heavier runners / heel strikers. I'm 12ish stone, and probably quite heavy on the heel - anyone know if they might be a good alternative?

Thanks in advance for all the advice that I'm sure will now flow!
Feb 2012
9:16am, 10 Feb 2012
153 posts
  •  
mikep
After trying many, many shoes(including creations) I settled on Rider 14s. Did 340 in the first pair (then got 3 pairs at discounted prices) . Second pair will be retired at 350 miles on Sunday.
If you can track down some 14's I think you will like them.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Quickstepking
So I've been running in Mizuno Wave Rider13s for about a year, and my log on Fetch says they've ju...