Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Go Pro handheld options.

2 watchers
Jun 2016
3:07pm, 22 Jun 2016
42 posts
runjogcrawl13
Afternoon all, just looking for some expertise concerning the best options/approach for carrying a Go Pro whilst running. My intention is to have my Go Pro on me during the San Fransisco Marathon in just over a month so I am looking for fairly small and lightweight attachment with a comfortable handle and strap as well. Most of the ones of line have mixed reviews and seem to be targeted at the selfie market as opposed to the running market, I just wondered if anyone has one that works well and would recommend as the best option for taking along on a run! Many thanks!!
Jun 2016
3:40pm, 22 Jun 2016
17383 posts
DeeGee
How about a wrist mount instead?
Jun 2016
3:49pm, 22 Jun 2016
5029 posts
Nicholls595
I've seen runners with a sort of chest harness. Looked into getting one for my daughter, Halfords and Argos do them, not too expensive
Jun 2016
3:52pm, 22 Jun 2016
17384 posts
DeeGee
I have a chest harness and a headband. I prefer the headband for what it's worth - the chest harness rubs uncomfortably over a long distance. However, I'm kind of presuming that rjc13 is looking for the added flexibility of being able to point the camera at stuff while running rather than just capturing a forward view?

I'd have thought, also, a chest harness would not give much of a view in a congested race.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by runjogcrawl13
Afternoon all, just looking for some expertise concerning the best options/approach for carrying a G...