Go Pro handheld options.

2 watchers
Jun 2016
3:07pm, 22 Jun 2016
42 posts
  •  
runjogcrawl13
Afternoon all, just looking for some expertise concerning the best options/approach for carrying a Go Pro whilst running. My intention is to have my Go Pro on me during the San Fransisco Marathon in just over a month so I am looking for fairly small and lightweight attachment with a comfortable handle and strap as well. Most of the ones of line have mixed reviews and seem to be targeted at the selfie market as opposed to the running market, I just wondered if anyone has one that works well and would recommend as the best option for taking along on a run! Many thanks!!
Jun 2016
3:40pm, 22 Jun 2016
17,383 posts
  •  
DeeGee
How about a wrist mount instead?
Jun 2016
3:49pm, 22 Jun 2016
5,029 posts
  •  
Nicholls595
I've seen runners with a sort of chest harness. Looked into getting one for my daughter, Halfords and Argos do them, not too expensive
Jun 2016
3:52pm, 22 Jun 2016
17,384 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I have a chest harness and a headband. I prefer the headband for what it's worth - the chest harness rubs uncomfortably over a long distance. However, I'm kind of presuming that rjc13 is looking for the added flexibility of being able to point the camera at stuff while running rather than just capturing a forward view?

I'd have thought, also, a chest harness would not give much of a view in a congested race.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by runjogcrawl13
Afternoon all, just looking for some expertise concerning the best options/approach for carrying a G...