Dartford Half Marathon

3 watchers
Jul 2012
9:47am, 10 Jul 2012
158 posts
  •  
Scooby Dave
I couldn't find any details on this years route on the Harriers website so I've added the route from the most recent race. The course has been tweaked over the years but if look at the elevation, there are some down hill sections to try and make up for the hills.
Jul 2012
8:32am, 12 Jul 2012
1,194 posts
  •  
Old Man
We understand that there are two hills that we runners from the fens should worry about, at 3 and 9 miles, but then the downhill payback is between 10.5 and 11.5 miles, does that sound right?

We will be the only two in Werrington Joggers yellow vests with a blue band - give us a shut if you do run SD
Jul 2012
8:33am, 12 Jul 2012
1,195 posts
  •  
Old Man
"shut" !! Lol - "shout" would be preferred please!!
Jul 2012
9:27am, 12 Jul 2012
159 posts
  •  
Scooby Dave
Depending on the course that they choose, there *might* be another hill at 7 miles. The first 2 miles or so are very slightly uphill but not so you would notice. Watch out for the hill at 3 as you turn right at the "top" and then it goes up for another 100m or so. After the hill at 3, 3-5 miles are then lumpy with a small steep kill over the railway just after the water station at 4. 5-6 is downhill and quick. Hill at 7 is then back downhill through 8 and onto the hill at 9. The hill at 9 is about 800m and also has a few turns at the top which hide the fact that it goes up a little bit more. Once at the top though, the last 5k are downhill and very quick.
Jul 2012
11:55am, 16 Jul 2012
76 posts
  •  
hopisen
Was hoping to enter this on the day - it says that's allowed on the website, but any chance it might sell out?
Jul 2012
10:27pm, 19 Jul 2012
62 posts
  •  
KelvinC
Thanks Scooby Dave for an insight into the course. Sounds like its a challenging course.
Jul 2012
10:09pm, 22 Jul 2012
1,196 posts
  •  
Old Man
Boy that was hard work but thanks to Scooby Dave for advance notice of the course and KC for travelling down this morning and meeting me for the run. Anywone else do it?

It sure was hot!!
Jul 2012
1:08am, 23 Jul 2012
79 posts
  •  
hopisen
Lovely race- but hilly and warm. Realised at about mile seven wasn't going to be a PB sort of day, and mile ten confirmed that rather strongly! Enjoyed it though, and will do it again- really well organised and marshalled.
Jul 2012
1:09am, 23 Jul 2012
80 posts
  •  
hopisen
Lovely race- but hilly and warm. Realised at about mile seven wasn't going to be a PB sort of day, and mile ten confirmed that rather strongly! Enjoyed it though, and will do it again- really well organised and marshalled.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Old Man
I'm thinking of entering this half as I'll be in the area and need one more half, which will be my...