Bronchiectasis / dreadful lungs thread

3 watchers
Dec 2015
10:14pm, 6 Dec 2015
6,120 posts
  •  
♣BelleVueRacer♣ of Beartown
I've struggled with my lungs for about 5 years now, finally got diagnosed with the dreaded Bronchiectasis last month. I can't say I'm coping well with the uncertainty about my running (and other less important stuff, like breathing ;-) ) and it has definitely knackered my running up this year.

Thought I would start a thread for any other sufferers to share advice and tips. It might evolve into a dodgy lungs thread, which is also useful I reckon.

Cheers

Steve
rhb
Feb 2016
10:43pm, 11 Feb 2016
741 posts
  •  
rhb
Can't help on the Bronchiectasis specifically but I have experienced the uncertainty of dodgy lungs. One of mine began deflating last year and whilst I'm pretty much back to normal the thought that it (or both) may go again is ever present. Still carrying on with training & racing but was out for a few months when it happened.

Hopefully you can resume training with some level of normality soon.
Feb 2016
7:00am, 12 Feb 2016
1,648 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
My Mum has Bronchiectasis and has to take anti biotic most of the time. She has almost permenant coughs and colds. She puts it down to smoking and damp houses in her youth but she is 80 now. My understanding is that it's nasty but she is still tootling along so good luck with finding anti biotic that keep it at bay.
Feb 2016
7:01am, 12 Feb 2016
1,649 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
Sorry don't know why my phone hated the word anti-biotics!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by M62 Santa
I've struggled with my lungs for about 5 years now, finally got diagnosed with the dreaded Bronchie...