4 days from first spring Marathon cough and cold

1 watcher
Mar 2013
6:42pm, 14 Mar 2013
6 posts
  •  
spood1969
Thanks all ... Feel a bit better today ... head cold is ok, but obviously still concerned about the chesty cough...

I was hoping for a 3:30 -3:40 the way the training went ... but that looks like thats out of the question now.
Still 3 days to go ..so who knows ...?
Thanks for the replies
Mar 2013
12:41pm, 20 Mar 2013
7 posts
  •  
spood1969
Just thought I would let you know(as if anyone cares!!).. I survived Barcelona ...just ..... But Thanks for those who took the time to reply

As I had paid for flights, accommodation and other stuff, I got a little stubborn and talked myself into it.... Which in hindsight was probably not the best thing to do ....

I felt ok at the start although still coughing ... by 8/9 miles I knew it was going to be uncomfortable as my legs felt like lead and I couldn`t get enough breath in....

I struggled through halfway at 1:50 dead ... and at 18 or so the wheels well and truly fell off !! I told my running partner to " go on and save yourself!!! ... I`ll only slow you down!"
From then on it was all I could do to put one foot in front of the other.. I crossed the finished in 3:56 holding my sons hand who ran the final straight with me.. (loved that bit !!)

Running with a cough!.......... I know now .... never again !!!! ( by the way I still have the cough and a place in the VLM!!)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by spood1969
Hi all ....4 days away from the Barcelona Marathon and I'm still suffering from a terrible cough an...