Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

4 days from first spring Marathon cough and cold

1 watcher
Mar 2013
6:42pm, 14 Mar 2013
6 posts
spood1969
Thanks all ... Feel a bit better today ... head cold is ok, but obviously still concerned about the chesty cough...

I was hoping for a 3:30 -3:40 the way the training went ... but that looks like thats out of the question now.
Still 3 days to go ..so who knows ...?
Thanks for the replies
Mar 2013
12:41pm, 20 Mar 2013
7 posts
spood1969
Just thought I would let you know(as if anyone cares!!).. I survived Barcelona ...just ..... But Thanks for those who took the time to reply

As I had paid for flights, accommodation and other stuff, I got a little stubborn and talked myself into it.... Which in hindsight was probably not the best thing to do ....

I felt ok at the start although still coughing ... by 8/9 miles I knew it was going to be uncomfortable as my legs felt like lead and I couldn`t get enough breath in....

I struggled through halfway at 1:50 dead ... and at 18 or so the wheels well and truly fell off !! I told my running partner to " go on and save yourself!!! ... I`ll only slow you down!"
From then on it was all I could do to put one foot in front of the other.. I crossed the finished in 3:56 holding my sons hand who ran the final straight with me.. (loved that bit !!)

Running with a cough!.......... I know now .... never again !!!! ( by the way I still have the cough and a place in the VLM!!)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by spood1969
Hi all ....4 days away from the Barcelona Marathon and I'm still suffering from a terrible cough an...