Dro.ME.A Racing0 Fetch Members
- Local Events
- Recent Pics
About The ClubSome good running friends, formed a running team a few years ago, which they named 'Athalassa Team' and competed in various road races. This team, strenghtened the friendship bonds of these runners and the team grew as time went by. Seeing the love of everyday people, who under the right guidance set personal goals for self improvement, found in the 'magic' of running the culmination of the psychosomatic performace they needed, which for some meant the process leading to improvement in race times in a 5km race to even the successful completion of a marathon.
Aknowledging the increased need of locals for a more organized situation, through which they could both realize their running potential and enhanced feelings of well beeing as well as to have fun, we created the official Dro.Me.A. Racing running club, to which Athalassa Team has evolved.
Our club covers the whole of Cyprus and it has the following main goals:
* The delelopment of long distance running in the local Cyprus society, both as a high level and a recreational sport.
* The development of a nation wide community of runners, with strong friendship bonds both among local runners, as well as between local runners and those from abroad.
* The 'spread' of running as a part of a healthier lifestyle for Cypriots.
* To remain involved in the sport and social life in Cyprus.
* To assist in the fight against doping and all banned methods for improvement of athletics performance.
* To 'spread' the idea and practice of ethics in sport as well as all the ancient olympic ideals.
Our club, currently has members that are everyday people who simply want to exercise through running, as well as elite international runners, who come from countries such as Morocco and Ethiopia. We aim to provide an oportunity for runners of all leves to achieve their goals.
The club was officially registered with the Interior Ministry on the 2/12/2008 and has received official recognition by the Cyprus Sport Organization on 30/6/2009.
Club SessionsUse this section to display your typical weekly sessions e.g. Tuesdays at the Leisure Centre at 7pm. Click the day links above to edit.
Find More Events?Want more? Search our Race Listings - it features thousands of races across the UK and beyond.