Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I understand. No-one likes ads.

But our site costs money to operate, and I need to eat.

Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation. If you donate, I can turn off the ads for you for a period of time. Average donations are about £3.50 per month, so a tenner would give you three months ad free.

Here's a link to our donation info.

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

FOOTBALL

2 lurkers | 135 watchers
4:55pm
4:55pm, 23 Aug 2019
2230 posts
TomahawkMike
Buryexit day tomorrow perhaps. Sincerely hope not.
5:43pm
5:43pm, 23 Aug 2019
56382 posts
swittle
For me, it's the likelihood that Bury FC will not be the last team to face extinction. Even in the darkest days of the '70s, when Huddersfield Town careered from Div 1 to Div 4 in as many seasons did my team face such a cruel outcome. :(
5:47pm
5:47pm, 23 Aug 2019
39553 posts
Diogenes
My team have nearly gone out of business twice. I’d say it’s an an unimaginable scenario if it had almost happened.
5:55pm
5:55pm, 23 Aug 2019
56383 posts
swittle
Relegation from the Football League was often seen as a death sentence, certainly when I took football seriously. How many drop out and return?
5:58pm
5:58pm, 23 Aug 2019
1495 posts
Flatlander
Quite a few, the latest being Leyton Orient.
However, there are those who keep plummeting (Southport, Stockport, Bradford Park Avenue.....) and some who in addition also go out of business before being reborn (Chester, Hereford.....)
6:15pm
6:15pm, 23 Aug 2019
56385 posts
swittle
There's life after bankruptcy, as Bristol City's rebirth and rise to the Championship show. Cricket is still played at Bradford PA. The football team has moved to the Horsfall Stadium.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Ooh ahh

Close