BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
- Walk, run, cycle - it's all fine so long as it can realistically be deemed exercise.
- People can see roughly where you've been on the map. Stay safe, and don't play if this concerns you.
- You need to be within 80 metres of something to activate it. Click the items on the map to see its activation circle.
- Your GPS route is made up of a series of points, not one continuous line. Occasionally a marker will fall between two points. Sometimes your GPS will have bad data. Hard luck, sorry.
- If you don't have a GPS watch, you can map your route manually. Make sure your clicks are close together.
- Be patient if your run doesn't appear straight away - there is a queue and it pauses during busy periods.
- Talking of queues, it's first come first served. So make sure you're the first to upload your run.
- The game will only accept training from the last thirty days.
- If you see something on the map that is inaccessible, don't be a dullard. Click it, and report it - we'll never put one there again.
- If your homepoint isn't right, change it.
- Stuck? Try the FetchPoint Thread for help, or send me feedback.
JewelsEmeralds are worth 4 points, sapphires are worth 8 points, rubies are worth 20, and diamonds are 40 points. As you might imagine, there are fewer diamonds about. It's pretty simple - just collect as many as you can.
RelaysClick on a relay to see which way it wants to move. If it's unowned, get there quick and it's yours. Every time someone moves it, you'll pick up four points for every mile that it's travelled. And if someone else's relay shows up near you, check its value. You'll get points for helping it on its way. But beware, relays that have not moved for seven days will be deleted. NB it doesn't matter which way you run onto a relay - it'll travel to the furthest point on your route.
BugsRed bugs are bad! Pick them up, then get out of your home circle to squish them. You'll lose four points each day for every red bug in your circle, but you earn four for every one you squish. Keep your circle free from infestation and get a 200 point bonus.
If another player has met your bug, it develops an infected head, and incurs bigger penalties. But of course, this means you can do the same to your neighbours bugs.