BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
is vlm a pb course at around 3:30 pace?
6:13pm, 15 Nov 2012
Da Big GuyWell for a pen 3 start it is def a PB course (can't say about 4+). I was only about 35 yards from the start this year and the running was easy enough straight away. I stuck to the edge of the course mostly where it was pretty clear.
PTB is right, it takes a lot of bends to make a big difference (but I always take the racing line anyway). Garmin loses it in the financial district, so I doubt anyone adds more than 0.1 mile due to inefficient running unless you do an awful lot of dodging and weaving, duckin' and divin', know what I mean son...oo strange warp to cockney style for a minute.
6:37pm, 15 Nov 2012
mblnFERCrThanks for the responses all. Good to know, I didn't want to commit to hard training if it was unlikely.
How/when do you find out which start you're allocated? I put 3:20 as my estimate if that makes it any clearer.
- Pacers - in front or behind?
- When's Your Next Race watch: have you got When's Your Next Race?
- Gang, it's my first big race for five years in a couple of weeks. Bricking it slightly, and I have forgotten what to do.
- Effect of the Crowd - Is it Over-Rated ?
- Getting Your Name Printed on Your Running Top
- european racing
- Tail Runner - priorities and how many ?
- Letters on race vests
- First Race
- Dragon’s Back 2019