The sub 3.30 marathon thread

188 watchers
16 Apr
5:19pm, 16 Apr 2024
3,586 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Sounds like you all are in a good place still! Good to hear!

I have a few weeks left, but I might do a little dress rehearsal race this Saturday. :)
16 Apr
8:13pm, 16 Apr 2024
2,049 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
Is there tracking at Christchurch.

I very much doubt it. It's a small race compared to the rest of the world's races. But it is certified to IAAF & AIMS standar. I think there's about 700 running the marathon distance this year. I'm bib number 55 😁.
16 Apr
8:25pm, 16 Apr 2024
927 posts
  •  
Solo
If I could get close (+/- 2 mins) to last year’s 3:17 London pb I’d be thrilled. I live in hope of one of “those” days and in fear of one of “those” days😎

And one of the reasons we love marathons 😊SailorSteve Hope there is no scaring this Sunday for any of us!

Sounds nice Mark J 🇳🇿 Manchester was very well run and the crowd support amazing but I think I am a smaller events person. Much preferred Abingdon last year.

Next year riggys99 😉 and good luck with your smaller race Bowman 🇸🇪!
16 Apr
11:32pm, 16 Apr 2024
4,188 posts
  •  
tipsku
It's great to see how everyone is getting ready for M-Day. It sounds like you are all in a good place right now and ready to go.

I ran my last session at MP yesterday and nailed it pretty much. Rest day today, a steady 10k with the faster group tomorrow, then a very easy 7k with the beginners (11 m/m) on Thursday before a shake-down run on Saturday. I've started to do my taper mobility routines so that I don't feel like I stiffen up too much when running less. My big toe is better than it was a few days ago so that's a positive.

No tracking in Leipzig either, it's quite small, probably around 1000 runners, but it's a Boston Qualifier, if I want to go. I'm bib 40020. 10xxx is for the 10k, 20xxx for the half and 40xxx for the marathon so I got a low number this year.

Weather forecast predicts about 8-10°C for Sunday which I prefer. I hope that it won't be windy.
16 Apr
11:49pm, 16 Apr 2024
3,343 posts
  •  
riggys99
I have a marathon in November Solo. Very small field (less than 50)but a great event.

Sounding promising for you tipsku
17 Apr
12:40am, 17 Apr 2024
2,050 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
Weather conditions for Christchurch are looking favourable, currently. With an overnight of 5 degrees, cloudy and only rising to a max of 19 later in the day. This is a 7:30 am start so it should be nice and cool. :)

But just to add a little jeopardy in to the mix, I've just been told my job role goes in to consolation next Tuesday for three weeks and it's not looking good. What head f*&K. Do these people not understand just how important this race is to me. Sheesh!!
17 Apr
1:29am, 17 Apr 2024
3,344 posts
  •  
riggys99
Weather conditions for Christchurch are looking favourable, currently. With an overnight of 5 degrees, cloudy and only rising to a max of 19 later in the day. This is a 7:30 am start so it should be nice and cool. But just to add a little jeopardy in to the mix, I've just been told my job role goes in to consolation next Tuesday for three weeks and it's not looking good. What head f*&K. Do these people not understand just how important this race is to me. Sheesh!!

That’s not what you want to hear at any time. Hope it all works out for you
17 Apr
5:02am, 17 Apr 2024
3,587 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
I like the smaller races too riggys99 and thanks Solo :)
17 Apr
10:01am, 17 Apr 2024
52,164 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Hi folks, I’ll be attending Oscar the Grouch’s funeral today at 12:40. Spare him and his family a thought in your day.
17 Apr
10:13am, 17 Apr 2024
2,052 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
Hi folks, I’ll be attending Oscar the Grouch’s funeral today at 12:40. Spare him and his family a thought in your day.

Please, pass on our sincerest condolences. I'm sure I speak for many on here when I say he and his family will definitely be in our thoughts, especially over the next few weeks.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mark J 🇳🇿
PLEASE FMAIL ME DIRECTLY WITH AN UPCOMING SUB 3:30 ATTEMPT and/or LAST YEAR'S SUCCESSES.

2024 achievers:

SailorSteve - London - 21st April - 3:17:08 SB
auburnette - London - 21st April - 3:28:47 PB
Tipsku - Leipzig, Germany - 21st April - 3:27:26 PB
Mark J - Christchurch, New Zealand - 21st April - 3:12:24 PB

2024 Sub 3:30 Attempts:

April 28th - Newport - Oscar the Grouch (RIP) :(
May 6th - Milton Keynes - Totodave
May 12th - Regensburg, Germany - ptr_runner
May 26th - Edinburgh - SailorSteve
Nov 3rd - Istanbul, Turkey - SailorSteve
Nov 23/24 - Cleethorpes Maravan - Riggys99