Oscar's Everyone Day

23rd June 2024
In 2021 Oscar the Grouch proposed one day each year where "we unite as a community and EVERYONE records an activity of some sort - a dog walk, a run, a swim, a ride, ski if you want...".

Sadly we lost Oscar in March, so I'd like to dedicate Everyone Day to him. Thank you for the inspiration you gave us Oscar.

Love: mine is Zero

20 watchers
Jan 2020
8:20am, 28 Jan 2020
4,199 posts
  •  
Raemond
Tuesday = run around the park at lunch time day.
It should also have = morning yoga day, but I failed to get out of bed at the appropriate time.

Establishing better sleep patterns is proving tricky, but I shall keep at it.
Jan 2020
11:17am, 28 Jan 2020
14,572 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
So annoyed with myself - forgot my gym bag today, so virtue of necessity and walking at lunchtime. At least the sun is shining.
Jan 2020
9:23am, 29 Jan 2020
5,756 posts
  •  
TeeBee
My one total rest day of the week today heartheartheart

Only thing on the plan is 10 mins with legs up the wall, plus 10 mins sitting in quiet meditation. Bliss.
Jan 2020
9:30am, 29 Jan 2020
4,204 posts
  •  
Raemond
I got up at a better time today, but mostly because I had a really early start at the office, no sportsing was done.
Two and a half hours of rugby tonight should be plenty for today, I think.
Jan 2020
9:41am, 29 Jan 2020
15,738 posts
  •  
Sharkie
As this isn't exaclty a thread about being injured - quite the opposite really- I had a quick look and there are at least two dedicated threads for those peeps - the second one even has -ahem - attitude!

Just thought they might be useful if you are sad about not being able to train (or whatever):

fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=555

fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=6169

There's a real differnce about loving a zero. We're not forced here by dint of being crocked!
Jan 2020
9:45am, 29 Jan 2020
15,739 posts
  •  
Sharkie
But we might GET crocked if we insist on S*******g, and we prob wont realise our potential either.

Just restating a coupleof key principles!

NB Some people do insist on S*******g. That's fine, there are a billon and one threads, leagues, blogs, for them!
Jan 2020
9:49am, 29 Jan 2020
1,661 posts
  •  
Trin
😂 it took me far too long to work out what S*******g meant 😂
Jan 2020
10:10am, 29 Jan 2020
15,740 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I probably vary the numbers of asterisks, Trin - so don't blame yourself!

I do heart your coach, Teebs!
Jan 2020
12:14pm, 29 Jan 2020
5,757 posts
  •  
TeeBee
Me too Sharkie heart except when I'm mid really hard hills sessions :-)
Jan 2020
1:35pm, 29 Jan 2020
34,024 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
When I win the lottery, or wish to treat myself in some super way, I want to sign up for a coach. I love the idea, but I'm too much of a skinflint to pay for it!! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Welcome to what may be the least watched, least contributed to, thread ...ever.

It's for everyone (well, me) that thinks real Rest Days are vital and a grand thing in themselves. And for everyone (well, me) who feels that one day at a time DONE WELL is always better than half arsed for-evers.

There will be RULES of course (my ball, my game)