FetchPoint: The Game

0 lurkers | 198 watchers
12:07pm, 16 Sep 2014
2888 posts
Just over half way through the month, and I'm on 470K already. Could this be the month I exceed my previous record (849K)? I wonder if any fetchies have left flowers on Mount Snowdon - I'm climbing it on Saturday.

Pops off to look....
R4R
12:10pm, 16 Sep 2014
2449 posts
D - I get that occasionally. Clicking 'Map' again seems to do the trick.
I've always suspected it's because some of the adverts that come up on the page are very invasive and slow the responses down between the server and your PC resulting in some of the rendering of the map getting lost before it's displayed.
Different browsers may be better or worse than others
R4R
12:12pm, 16 Sep 2014
2450 posts
Rev - there are loads in the Lake District. Do the Fairfield Horseshoe instead of Snowdon ;-)
2:29pm, 16 Sep 2014
1627 posts
I left a bazillion flower bug trail there last Easter Rev but they'll be long dead by now, as will the one I left on Moel Siabod.

And keep your mitts off my Conquercise zones :-)
7:35pm, 16 Sep 2014
5306 posts
Yippee, someone's picked lots of my flowers I almost certainly wouldn't have got back to for watering. Somehow I'm over half a million and into the top 100.
10:35pm, 16 Sep 2014
2898 posts
Nice suggestion, R4R, but I'm going with a group and the route is set. I doubt I'll nick any Conquercise zones - it will be strictly go up, come down, and go home.

Mission Control: 10k

Training with added hindsight. Click here to read the article >>

About This Thread

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

For important updates on the rules, please make sure you're a member of the game group. Signing up to play the game will automatically add you to the group.

If you have a problem - usually it's a marker that you believe you hit, but hasn't moved, please send me feedback detailing the problem, making sure you:

1) be specific about where the marker is (an ID would be handy, but failing that, a decent description of its location may well be enough).
2) let me know the date and time of the run
3) don't report the marker. If it gets removed, I can't check it.
4) be quick. Some markers move on, e.g. daily Garmin moves, or bugs/relays getting transported on by other runners.
5) remain calm. You just did running. That's a good thing, right?

I may not get to all reports in time, but if enough of you do report problems, it gives me data to find the causes of the problems.

Related Groups

FetchPoint Game

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Hendo JK *chameleon* mole_thing fleecilyFurman SM6 Thtem poppyH nuttyficket John Tovell Nelly p^2 APaulW missvivvy flyingfinn DavidGould Lady Sol Yogabike1 Too Much Water Southcoastpete Cluaran DJ Bangey C-Cat Helcat
Site skin
Fetcheveryone is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick St, London, W1F 9EP.
Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2014.