FetchPoint: The Game

3 lurkers | 225 watchers
12:19pm
12:19pm, 25 Aug 2016
3153 posts
Molesy
Make sure you've got 'per second' recording rather than 'Smart' AL.
1:29pm
1:29pm, 25 Aug 2016
9205 posts
Autumnleaves
I have no idea what that means...
R4R
1:34pm
1:34pm, 25 Aug 2016
2699 posts
R4R
If using a Garmin, recording in Smart mode means that if you run/cycle in a straight line it discards the middle points and just keeps the points at the end of the line - it saves storage space
1:41pm
1:41pm, 25 Aug 2016
3155 posts
Molesy
In your Garmin settings there'll be an option for how frequently it records your position. If set to 'Per second' it will record your position every second, if set to 'Smart' it reduces the amount of data it stores by only recording your position roughly every 5 seconds or when you change speed/direction.
1:56pm
1:56pm, 25 Aug 2016
1176 posts
Surelynot
I've just reset my Garmin to 'per second'. Looks like 'smart' is the default mode for them.

It does make a difference clearing bugs. I had a nice 200 point bonus after going on a very atypical route for me last night.

It will be interesting to see what the points allocations are at 'proper' launch.
2:11pm
2:11pm, 25 Aug 2016
9206 posts
Autumnleaves
Right - thanks for that - will investigate when I get home!
2:58pm
2:58pm, 25 Aug 2016
1067 posts
westmoors
I'm sure mine is set to smart and I have never had issues of missing markers when I've uploaded. Then again, maybe I just can't run in a straight line or at a constant pace!!
3:11pm
3:11pm, 25 Aug 2016
3156 posts
Molesy
The only time you'd really notice it Westmoors is if you're just clipping the edge of the circle and the records are before and after reaching the edge.

About This Thread

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

For important updates on the rules, please make sure you're a member of the game group. Signing up to play the game will automatically add you to the group.

If you have a problem - usually it's a marker that you believe you hit, but hasn't moved, please send me feedback detailing the problem, making sure you:

1) be specific about where the marker is (an ID would be handy, but failing that, a decent description of its location may well be enough).
2) let me know the date and time of the run
3) don't report the marker. If it gets removed, I can't check it.
4) be quick. Some markers move daily.
5) remain calm. You just did running. That's a good thing, right?

I may not get to all reports in time, but if enough of you do report problems, it gives me data to find the causes of the problems.