Who are all the single Fetchies!!

1 lurker | 256 watchers
Nov 2014
8:11pm, 28 Nov 2014
1,442 posts
  •  
Angel Wings
That all sounds good & interesting Hanneke - love the sound of the herbs business. There's somewhere near here which does old varieties which your post has reminded me I should go see next year. Have a fab weekend :)
Nov 2014
8:27pm, 28 Nov 2014
11,127 posts
  •  
colettedeann
I am in london for the weekend and doing a parkrun with girlf - got her started getting the running bug and can already see that she is gonna whoop my arse!!

have a great weekend singlies :)
Nov 2014
11:03pm, 28 Nov 2014
6,789 posts
  •  
DrBob
My student at work asks me each day whether I'm awesome, and I always say "yeah, man", then she asks how awesome I am and I give a precise percentage. Usually less than 10%...
Nov 2014
11:52pm, 28 Nov 2014
18,893 posts
  •  
halfpint
Pool session done. 2 planned capsize exercises and lots of practice of paddling, turning, stopping etc. Got the hang of it fairly quickly. QP loved it. A big hit. Only issue may be the late finish as we didn't get home til about 11.15. We were both a bit wired this time but will have to see how it goes.
Nov 2014
6:33pm, 29 Nov 2014
17,509 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Is that kayaking HP?

I need some help with sales technique peeps. I think I've messed up with a potential customer. Someone called me to ask my prices and discuss her dog. We had a chat about various charges and I said I'd firm up one particular area but quoted her a charge off the top of my head. She said she'd email me that night so I could send an email back. No email. :( I just called to confirm my prices and left an answerphone message. I get the feeling that I'm not upbeat enough or something's missing. I do so well face-to-face when I meet people with dogs. I was out with a friend today and we met a chap with 2 dogs who we chatted too for ages and I passed him a card. He seemed to like the fact that I was experienced with lurchers as he had a rescue one which needed a bit of careful handling.

I think I sell myself down instead of up and come over a bit weird and nervous on the 'phone.
Nov 2014
6:41pm, 29 Nov 2014
67,049 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Not sure I would call that messing up, however, you do need your charges in your head and ready to be spat out. If you leave customers to ponder, their eye gets taken off the ball. You should have asked HER address and told her you'd e-mail her a confirmation with charges for her to refer to and ask for her address.

ION I have been gloomy and unproductive. Have sleep pattern issues and find it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Not because I am still tired, but because the duvet is holding me hostage. I had this last winter and bought a Lumie alarm clock, which worked wonders. Now it doesn't seem to be enough... I have just ordered the big brother Lumie, to have on for an hour or so each day, as I am 100% certain it is the gloomyness and lack of light. We have had 5 days where I have had to have lights on more or less all day, as it never got light. We are fog bound :(
Nov 2014
7:00pm, 29 Nov 2014
17,511 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I do have my standard charges in my head but it was a period of time I'd not expected to look after a dog for. I stuck with what I quoted anyway, as I was happy with my spur-of-the-moment decision. I didn't ask for her email because I was on the hoof. Next time I'll wait until I get home and have my diary in front of me. I like to call people back quickly because I've lost out on business before by not getting back to a caller (even though he left the message an hour prior to me calling). *Sigh* If she doesn't get back to me, I need to learn from this. I stupidly said at the end of the message "If you're interested, I'd like to meet [hound's name], pse call me on ...... " (We'd previously discussed going for a walk together soon to see how hound and me get on.)

"If you're interested ..." that's sh!t isn't it? She would'nt've rung me in the first place if she wasn't interested. She probably thinks I'm a complete fool. I really need to kick myself up the arse.

I feel close to tears that I can't get customers. Tears of frustration really This has happened before. There's something I'm not doing. Something I'm not stressing strongly enough about how I will take good care of people's dogs and ensure they are happy. I love taking dogs out and having fun with other hounds, but find it really difficult to get this over on the 'phone. I'm much better in person.
Nov 2014
7:28pm, 29 Nov 2014
18,899 posts
  •  
halfpint
RS - you are being too hard on yourself. You cannot attribute this woman not emailing to how you worded your message or the discussion you had on the phone. There are any number of reasons why she might not have been in touch. Don't over think things or you will just tie yourself up in knots and make yourself more anxious the next time someone does call.

And yes it was kayaking.
Nov 2014
8:51pm, 29 Nov 2014
67,050 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Wise words HP!
Nov 2014
10:03pm, 29 Nov 2014
15,451 posts
  •  
Meglet
RS, selling yourself is hard. Plus only a percentage of people who seem interested will convert into actual business, and some will take weeks or even months!

Have you tried a sales course? Might sound cheesy or over the top, but I did a dental-focussed one and it was the best course I ever did, I use the skills every day. Closing a deal is key, especially having followup systems and not leaving it to the client. Even if someone says 'I'll let you know' I ask their permission to call them in a week if I haven't heard.

About This Thread

Single? Want to chat?