Get your sequins on, it was Strictly 2022, now it's 2023!

60 watchers
Dec 2023
9:18am, 17 Dec 2023
9,793 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Haven't seen the show yet as we were out watching a Christmas Showcase at the studio where our daughter teaches aerial hoop. We may be biased but she was the star of of the show 🌟

I know the winner though and am delighted for Ellie and Vito 😊 Looking forward to watching the dances today.
Dec 2023
9:29am, 17 Dec 2023
22,210 posts
  •  
Sharkangel
Guess the moment when Raffo said, 'Get on with it, it's not Tower Bridge.'
Dec 2023
9:45am, 17 Dec 2023
10,073 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
If Layton won, a lot of Strictly fans would have been in uproar as he is a pro dancer. I think a lot of people would switch off future series as it has not been a level playing field this year.

It's not Layton's fault. If you're offered a decent sum to take part, you would. The producers keep bringing in celebs with dance experience who stay in the competition but are not going to win. I don't know whether they want us to see exceptional dances for three months but the celebs seem to be quite accomplished from early on - well a lot of them anyway!

If you look at some old shows, they don't look half as good but we like to see some progression. I hope they have a rethink for next year.
Dec 2023
9:55am, 17 Dec 2023
66,841 posts
  •  
Raptor Tat Tat
I'm sure Layton's career will benefit enormously. I hope it does. And I think Strictly having a really good same sex pair was a very positive thing.
Dec 2023
11:55am, 17 Dec 2023
7,439 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Yeah, I don't think the public are going to switch off in droves just because there might be one or two celebs who have done some dancing before. And also wouldn't in the event that Layton had won.

Maybe the public opinion on the subject will slowly evolve too. After all, it seems to have done so in the case of same sex couples? :-)
Dec 2023
1:12pm, 17 Dec 2023
35,098 posts
  •  
LorraineS
My favourite pair were Layton and Nikita. Gave them all my vote and especially enjoyed their Argentine Tango.

Have no issue with Ellie winning, she is a good dancer.
Dec 2023
1:14pm, 17 Dec 2023
4,617 posts
  •  
phal
I think it might be getting harder to find folk who don’t have some form of dance training background if they’re picking from celebrities who have attended stage school of some sort…
Dec 2023
1:16pm, 17 Dec 2023
19,667 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I warmed to Layton over the series. My occasional issue with the more experienced celebs is the marking - too many 10s given when the judges have picked up on errors.
MH
Dec 2023
3:39pm, 17 Dec 2023
1,018 posts
  •  
MH
I really enjoyed the final last night. Personally, I thought Layton and Nikita were brilliant however I'd always thought that Ellie would win (I don't ever vote either) - their show dance was very brave - I thought she was starting to flag right at the end so not suprised that final lift didn't work, shame, but still great.

I'd have been fine with any of the finalists winning - mainly I just enjoyed watching it!
I agree with Phal above ref celebs
Dec 2023
5:36pm, 17 Dec 2023
35,099 posts
  •  
LorraineS
Celebs that come from sporting backgrounds are probably the ones most likely not to have dance training, and they may not want to risk taking part mid career in case of injuries as happened to Jade Johnson and Will Bailey

About This Thread

Maintained by minardi
The class of 2023 (which is a big fat WHO? for most!):-
Angela Rippon
Zara McDermott
Angela Scanlon
Eddi Kadi
Nikita Kanda
Adam Thomas
Bobby Brazier
Jody Cundy
Ellie Leach