FetchPoint: The Game

2 lurkers | 280 watchers
3 May
4:51pm, 3 May 2024
3,238 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Funky Chicken wrote:Any idea where you're meant to take the ring once you have it, in the absence of a volcano to chuck it in? Mind you, there would probably be a strong urge just to keep it. The Higgs Boson occasionally pops up in central London - not sure where else it goes on its travels.

The current location of 'Mordor' was defined by the person who delivered it to the previous location. So far as I recall, it's been moving more or less North Eastward from Bristol for at least a couple of years.

The Higgs jumps around randomly each day and can turn up anywhere there are players
3 May
5:57pm, 3 May 2024
390 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Sorry, Oranj. No that is my idea.
I should have done a second comment, on reflection.
3 May
5:59pm, 3 May 2024
391 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
The trouble is that the ring has been near Oundle for some time. In terms of canon, the Lord of the Rings does have the concept of the ring seeming to have a mind of its own. I believe it is the films that give rise to the idea of its moving on its own, though.
The books do document the ring's ability to change size. Perhaps that could the mechanism of its movement.
4 May
4:06pm, 4 May 2024
2,783 posts
  •  
Snail
The problem would be that the 1 mile movement would define the exact line that Mordor is on - so would need an element of randomness
4 May
4:41pm, 4 May 2024
392 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
It would be a problem if it was that way, Snail. My proposal is a vaguely appropriate direction, not as direct as the Nazgûl flies. I am impressed that autocorrect recognised Nazgûl.
5 May
12:07pm, 5 May 2024
10,797 posts
  •  
minardi
I had a traffic light on my border today so obviously I had to go claim it. But there is no sign of any other fetchies in the area. I thought you only got lights when there was more than one fetchie?
R4R
5 May
2:11pm, 5 May 2024
3,489 posts
  •  
R4R
How far away is your nearest fetchie? And are there any more near them?
Traffic lights do not fall within a 1-mile radius of the source - I think it's up to 2 miles away. So it could have been generated by your neighbour if they are within 3 miles of you and they have another neighbour within 2 miles
5 May
3:49pm, 5 May 2024
10,798 posts
  •  
minardi
It looks like the nearest one signed up for fetchpoint (e.g. I can see their bugs) is about 7 miles away!
6 May
6:39am, 6 May 2024
8,807 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
Maybe someone temporarily moved their home point?
R4R
6 May
10:40am, 6 May 2024
3,490 posts
  •  
R4R
I was leaning towards that as an explanation as well.
Probably best to ignore my previous suggestion - I was getting mixed up with relays and randoms which can be outside your home circle. Not so sure now about traffic lights - I very rarely get them

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.