Email Password Forgot? | Register

Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

0 lurkers | 38 watchers
10:52am, 4 Mar 2015
4297 posts
I've had an email from Battersea inviting me, as the owner of a former resident, to enter a competition to win the chance for me and Wanda to be at the opening of their new kennel block by the Queen.

However, I'm not going to enter the competition for the following reasons: There is no way I'd ever take Wanda back to Battersea in case she thought I was going to leave her there.
The competition is being run on Twitter only and my Twitter account is linked to a firm I work for and for 'professional' use only (which sending pictures of your dog isn't really).
If the person who wins is actually presented in a line up to the Queen I suspect that the dog that 'wins' will have to meet some very strict criteria... and starting a fight with the dog next to us in the line up or worse, jumping up and headbutting the Queen (the dog not the owner) is probably not something they require.

And anyway... we'd much rather meet Paul O'Grady.....and I'm pretty sure that wasn't mentioned in Battersea's email....... ;-)
11:01am, 4 Mar 2015
14790 posts
The thought of our Tuss getting jiggy with one of Lizzy Windsor's corgis is almost enough to get me to start a twitter account WoofWoof
D2
11:38am, 4 Mar 2015
6158 posts
I've just been for a little walk with Eb for the first time in 7 weeks! She was so gentle and considerate, particularly with a large stick she was carrying that could have taken me out behind the knees but she went the long way round me. Bless her. :-)
12:05pm, 4 Mar 2015
4298 posts
That is good news D2

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

About This Thread

Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters WoofWoofWoofDOG WoofWoofWoof
Tags
#dogs

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close