Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

0 lurkers | 225 watchers
9:17pm, 29 Aug 2015
1994 posts
My parkrun today: DNS / DNF….the organisers of the IoW parkrun moved the location by about 9 miles without notification on their website. Found out at 8:50 and made me ridiculously grumpy until I pinched myself and reminded myself that I have ZERO volunteer points.

I've been away in aforementioned IoW this last week and kept ticking over but down on miles the last 2 weeks on the back of a (planned) cutback week. It's very hard to know where I am right now. I guess tomorrow's 21 will tell.

Hunts - I noted your fine session, well done. And Postie - pleased to see you back on it, that was a really nice tempo run and I'd say an indication that you may well be in 85 HM shape at least.

Gus - remove the lumps and hopefully that's sub 40 which is thereabouts for sub 90.

Baz - hmm. You've still got a fine marathon to come, focus on that.

And to finish this essay, I did buy the Garmin 225 with built in HR wrist-strap random number generator. Pretty disappointed that I averaged 95% MHR for my 1 mile jog with my 5 year old son yesterday. Avoid!!
9:36pm, 29 Aug 2015
1415 posts
You've never volunteered at parkrun ??? You bad, bad, person you !!! Get your name down for next week right now !! ;-) ;-)

Bet you nail the 21 tmrw, your training's been going really well by the looks of things
10:06pm, 29 Aug 2015
93 posts
HappyG:
Not at all sure about tomorrow. Still feeling a bit under the weather and doing it in lieu of 15 with 12 at marathon pace from the plan so I'm going to set off at 1h 30m pace and back off to marathon pace if it isn't happening.
9:45am, 30 Aug 2015
2192 posts
17.5 mile run today with 14@MP. Not going for sub 3:15 now as had to drop too many sessions to manage the niggles. I can see MP on the day being around 7:50m/m.

WW- thanks for your comment. It does help running with very fast marathon runners during the BAC sessions. Amongst the BAC/Poole AC runners there are 2 runners going for 2:3x:xx and a couple more going for sub 2:45. Another half a dozen going for sub 3. I was the slowest runner there Wednesday night running at sub 3:15 pace.
12:00pm, 30 Aug 2015
2670 posts
I haven't done an 85 minute HM in four years but there again, I haven't tried to. At the end of the day next Sunday is a tune up race for Abingdon. Get my game face on, get my pre-race routine correct, execute a controlled and even paced race. If my pace is sub 85 minutes, then brilliant!

Just completed the second 20 mile run of my training schedule. Like three weeks ago I pushed the last four miles for mental preparation, and once more it was liberating to open up even though I was tired. I felt far more positive in those last four miles than trudging through the first 16. It's amazing how the mind works.
12:04pm, 30 Aug 2015
2671 posts
You've made the right decision Huntsman, no point in going for it if you don't feel adequately prepared. Good luck with the rest of your training, without any more niggles.
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Help Fetcheveryone!

Use our Amazon Link whenever you're planning to shop, and we get a small percentage of what you spend. Thank you lovelies!

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

It's now Autumn 2015 (synchronize watches). Target marathons for the good people of the thread (or training/jogs denoted (*):-)):
---------------------------------
27 Sept - Nottingham - Curly45
4 Oct - Bournemouth - Huntsman
4 Oct - Chester - Bazoaxe, Joe Hawk, STOOSH, donran
18 Oct - Amsterdam - Joe Hawk
18 Oct - Abingdon - postieboy
25 Oct - Bristol to Bath - gooders_gold
15 Nov - Valencia - Joe Hawk, Windsor Wool, dafinchi
6 Dec - Malaga - dan.
12 Dec - Lanzarote - B Rubble
---------------------------------

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
And these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s) so far in 2015:
:-) emdee, HappyTimes, BS, HappyG(rrr), Joe Hawk, Scooby Dave, only weak men, run-forest-run, Fravage, LouLou, paul a, Windsor Wool, Daz Love, Bazoaxe, dan.

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Close