Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

0 lurkers | 211 watchers
2:33pm, 22 Nov 2014
7626 posts
Chris, sound slike you are progressing well.

Re those 12 seconds, I was 12 seconds faster today than last week. If you asked me last week could I have run 12 seconds faster, the answer was no ,I was on the edge. However, it happened.

This week though there was a group of 4 of us going at c6mm pace and I ran with these guys. We dropped one just past half way (interestingly he also had a chester marathon top on) and it was down to 3 of us. We ran together or each had attempts to break away, but we always ended up together. The other two pulled away towards the end ,but they had done their job in pulling me around without losing focus. One of them is in the MV60-64 category and a serial sub 19 runner at Edinburgh.

The 11yo ish girl was back again this week along with what I presume was her brother. Both shot off and the girl tracked the female winner, but very quickly blew up this week as the winner was speedy low 18 type runner. The lad though was way ahead and only caught as we approached the loop near halfway. However, it was clear from his breathing that he needs to learn pacing, keen to see the results though and see how they did as with a bit of pacing advice there are a couple of good runners there.
5:41pm, 22 Nov 2014
473 posts
Baz. Thats a pretty good yet unfortunate set of results for the year. You must be pleased even though you cant hang a PB on all of them given the circumstances, you know that in reality they are. Norwich Half tomorrow in what looks like monsoon conditions. Could be worse, I could be watching it!!
RFJ
7:40pm, 22 Nov 2014
3724 posts
Bax - I wish I could ask for those results...

No PB's at all this year

A fumbled effort at a good parkrun time today..... went off to another parkrun (Newbury) and did a 1.25m warm up....they were a little punctual for the start... in that they actually went 3-2-1 at 9am.... me and my mate were still about 75m away and right at the back.... thought I had lapped my garmin..... no I had paused it... and didnt look down till well in to the run... oops.... great run though as overtook loads ie from 352 startes to 24th in official results of 21:06 so was probably my best run for about 8 months as reckon I lost a good 40 secs at the start and working through people

All good fun.... warm down of Christmas shopping in Basingstoke....

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Steve Way Made Me Quit!

Don't let genetics beat you! Click here to read the article >>

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn 2014 is open for business. Target marathons for the good people of the thread:
---------------------------------
26 Oct - Frankfurt - STOOSH
26 Oct - Leicester - dan
27 Oct - Dublin - BS, puzzler
2 Nov - Newcastle - HappyTimes

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
And these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s) so far in 2014:
Windsor Wool, The Urban Fox, BS, K5 Gus, dan., whiteflash, only weak men, paul a, abdou, B Rubble, Bazoaxe, paul the builder, Peacey, hellen, Happy Times, KinkyS, Glascu, RiversideRed, Westley

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close