The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

3 lurkers | 247 watchers
10:37am
10:37am, 2 Dec 2016
2721 posts
Windsor Wool
such camaraderie and support on this thread with each showing an interest and following one another's training ;-)

18th for me Hunts - the JD plan starts on the Sunday, yikes!!
10:40am
10:40am, 2 Dec 2016
3649 posts
Nelly
My marathon specific training schedule has already started, the joys of an early April marathon!
10:51am
10:51am, 2 Dec 2016
10384 posts
Chrisull
The joys of an October marathon... puts feet up. Relaxes. (actually not - I'm doing strength workouts, single legged squats, hopping drills and bench(well 3 stair) step ups. Time to try and get some pace back.
11:48am
11:48am, 2 Dec 2016
3057 posts
lunaman
18 weeks to go for me too!
Hopping, chris, that's what I need to get back to, it's hard work that plyometrics (fancy word for hopping). It's revealing just how exhausting jumping in the air is too, which shows it must be good for you! It's always too full at the gym, I end up falling all over people, which is a bit embarrassing. It'll be the local park I guess, (the garden only has one circular bit of lawn about 2 metres wide and I get told off for wearing the grass out, wtf).
Otherwise the plan is Bob Williams again, with quite a few 1600m sessions, and plenty of time now to get some 20 milers in and see how the 'ole PF stands up to things this year.
12:42pm
12:42pm, 2 Dec 2016
10738 posts
Bazoaxe
Too early for a marathon plan to start...12 weeks plan for me ! That's late January usually.

P&D or JD, that is the question
BS
2:30pm
2:30pm, 2 Dec 2016
3189 posts
BS
In terms of when to start training maybe I should check with Joe or Paul a for when I should start training for Wednesday marathon, this should allow for 10 days tapering.

Good luck everyone with your plans.
2:41pm
2:41pm, 2 Dec 2016
26177 posts
Merry Christmas & Happy New G(rrr)
Lol at hopping Luna. But only a little Lol, cos actually, single leg squats while brushing teeth and shaving, feature in my training... :-) G
4:11pm
4:11pm, 2 Dec 2016
450 posts
Daz Love
12 weeks for me as well Baz.

I am keeping it slow and building miles to the end of Jan, want to get to around 50 per week before 'probably' doing P&D 12 week, 35 - 55 miles which will start on 30th Jan for London.
4:22pm
4:22pm, 2 Dec 2016
10739 posts
Bazoaxe
Joe or Paul would say a week is all you need, maybe actually take a rest day on the Monday and start to prepare on the Tuesday of race week ;-)

Support Fetcheveryone

Please use these links - we get a small commission on all your purchases:

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn 2016 plans for racing, or participating for fun/training purposes(*):
---------------------------------
Nov 27 - Florence - Joe Hawk

And a first glimpse at Spring 2017:
Jan 20 - Dubai - snayak
Apr 2 - Manchester - Nelly, Joe Hawk
Apr 2 - Rome - lunaman
Apr 9 - Rotterdam - Jovi Runner
Apr 23 - London - HappyG(rrr), Windsor Wool, dan.
Apr 23 - Southampton - Huntsman

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
The 2016 roll of honour - this outstanding collection of individuals has gone sub-3:15:
BS, Nelly, K5 Gus, KinkyS, whiteflash, paul a, puzzler, dan., Bazoaxe, Windsor Wool, paul the builder, donran, lunaman, Scooby Dave, Rossco Peeko, run-forest-run
(sub-3er's can get their glory elsewhere ;-))

Close