The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

1 lurkers | 199 watchers
5:26pm, 22 Sep 2014
137 posts
Having already missed your Sunday run, I would think you should definitely do the hard run, whichever day suits. You'll be well enough rested either way. I did my last hard run exactly one week out - was tired to about wed/thu but felt really bouncy when it mattered! Your training looks to have gone really well so I'm sure you will smash it. Just don't lose confidence now...
5:35pm, 22 Sep 2014
2417 posts
Lose the miles, keep the intensity is the general way of thinking in the last few weeks as there will be no real fitness gains. mp miles this late on are only really to remind the body of what the pace feels like.
I normally just throw in a few mp miles here and there during the taper..."the hay is in the barn", trust in the training:-)
6:43pm, 22 Sep 2014
2720 posts
Baz - pleased to hear you're getting better. Wrt your question re: training, trust in what you've done and don't do any hard session especially after your scare concerning dehydration. Get yourself fully recovered, keep ticking over with the odd MP miles (as Stooshh said) and get yourself mentally prepared for the big day.
6:51pm, 22 Sep 2014
7346 posts
Wise words as ever, thanks
6:56pm, 22 Sep 2014
2729 posts
STOOSH speaks the truth, you will not get fitter in the last 2-3 weeks. It is not possible to cram fitness improvements for a marathon. Your time and performance will be cumulative of all your training.

Mission Control: 10k

Training with added hindsight. Click here to read the article >>

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn 2014 is open for business. Target marathons for the good people of the thread:
---------------------------------
5 Oct - Chester - Bazoaxe
18 Oct - Baltimore - Westley
19 Oct - Chelmsford - JohnnyO
19 Oct - Abingdon - run-forest-run, Peacey, clare1976
26 Oct - Frankfurt - K5 Gus
26 Oct - Leicester - dan
27 Oct - Dublin - BS, puzzler
2 Nov - Newcastle - HappyTimes

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
And these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s) so far in 2014:
Windsor Wool, The Urban Fox, BS, K5 Gus, dan., whiteflash, only weak men, paul a, abdou, B Rubble, Bazoaxe, paul the builder, Peacey, hellen, Happy Times, KinkyS, Glascu

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

57.5 Degrees of Pain _2Jabs_ Woottonite NickyNoo AngeM Elsie Too mattc Carpathius markuu Lazydaisy Not a Nickname Battlecat pinxton49 TooLate lpk222 ian9657 Rip x Grumps trebormint curlygirly Super Norts OsloNeil Josh_hand pedroscalls
Site skin
Fetcheveryone is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick St, London, W1F 9EP.
Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2014.
If this website gets in your eyes, wash out immediately with luke-warm water. Do not swallow.