Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

0 lurkers | 211 watchers
3:41pm, 25 Nov 2014
4 posts
Serious going that. All I want to do in December is drink & eat!
3:43pm, 25 Nov 2014
6494 posts

anyone doing Lanzarote marathon on Saturday?
6:12pm, 25 Nov 2014
7640 posts
Stoosh?
6:56pm, 25 Nov 2014
6495 posts
He better not be - given his current form our flight will have left before he finishes... I scoped out feasibility of doing the half prior to flying home on Saturday - very neat connecting time and my club coach would kill me...
9:13pm, 25 Nov 2014
7643 posts
Nice and consistent tonight, all 1k reps under 6mm pace and a 1 second spread between slowest and fastest :-)
RFJ
9:31pm, 25 Nov 2014
3727 posts
Baz, I needed that boost you gave me, it was the perfect tonic that day... probably still owe you a beer for that too.

got to the track tonight to find the football team had it (well the middle anyway and they dont like runners running whilst playing. Anyway found a new loop round home that is about 625m long, so 550m loops with 75m recovery, splits started at 2:18 and finished with 2:11 :-)
9:46pm, 25 Nov 2014
7644 posts
Not sure how much help I was RFJ. I was toiling when you came past and then when you said you were hanging in for a PB I decided to try and help get you there, with try being the operative word and within 100m you were digging deep for a well deserved PB leaving me behind.
RFJ
10:34pm, 25 Nov 2014
3728 posts
Primarily as I did want you to overtake me.... pride and all that works wonders.. esp when a PB is on the line and that was all I needed at that point....

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

If you enjoy it, please give it a like, and send the link to all your running friends. Thank you!

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn 2014 is open for business. Target marathons for the good people of the thread:
---------------------------------
26 Oct - Frankfurt - STOOSH
26 Oct - Leicester - dan
27 Oct - Dublin - BS, puzzler
2 Nov - Newcastle - HappyTimes

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
And these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s) so far in 2014:
Windsor Wool, The Urban Fox, BS, K5 Gus, dan., whiteflash, only weak men, paul a, abdou, B Rubble, Bazoaxe, paul the builder, Peacey, hellen, Happy Times, KinkyS, Glascu, RiversideRed, Westley

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close