Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

0 lurkers | 225 watchers
9:45pm, 6 Jul 2015
6884 posts

Looks like a good few autumn marathon casualties this year...

Managed progressive 5km runs the last three evenings from 11km/hr up to 15km/hr which I think is around 6.30min/mile-ish. These have been on the treadmill and felt ok. Contrast to my runs on the road where I feel like I can't run faster than 8min/miles... Think it's an impact thing. Happy to keep going with some treadmill running as it allows.

9:46pm, 6 Jul 2015
6885 posts
P.s. Well done to all the racers - some impressive running :-)
9:50pm, 6 Jul 2015
8697 posts
to be fair Clare, its like someone has been following Bazoaxe with a Bazooka and taking me down
BS
10:01pm, 6 Jul 2015
3040 posts
Clare that's why I use a garmin to keep count.

Stoosh 30 sec rec wow, I had 75 seconds and thought it was tough enough. What pace are you doing them at?
10:05pm, 6 Jul 2015
2625 posts
BS - we tend to do 40secs/ 30's recovery and passing through 200m between 34-37secs depending how fresh i am... there's always a last rep burnout and pass through 200 in 31/32secs and wish we were just running 200mtrs ;-)
BS
11:36pm, 6 Jul 2015
3041 posts
*Gulp, will try to cut the recovery to 45 (from 75) tomorrow but may need the puke bucket. Last Thursday night at the club (night after the 20x200) some of us done 6x 0.5 and my legs were burning bad 😂
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Fetch Gets Mobile!

Take us wherever you go! Click here to read the article!

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

It's now Autumn 2015 (synchronize watches). Target marathons for the good people of the thread (or training/jogs denoted (*):-)):
---------------------------------
4 July - Dartford - Ro5ey
5 July - Potteries - dan., Joe Hawk(*)
23 Aug - Donegal - BS
27 Sept - Nottingham - Curly45
4 Oct - Bournemouth - Huntsman
4 Oct - Chester - Nelly, Bazoaxe, Joe Hawk, STOOSH
18 Oct - Amsterdam - Joe Hawk
18 Oct - Abingdon - postieboy
15 Nov - Valencia - Joe Hawk, Windsor Wool, dafinchi
6 Dec - Malaga - dan.
---------------------------------

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
And these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s) so far in 2015:
:-) emdee, HappyTimes, BS, HappyG(rrr), Joe Hawk, Scooby Dave, only weak men, run-forest-run, Fravage, LouLou, paul a, Windsor Wool, Daz Love, Bazoaxe

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Close