Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

8 lurkers | 241 watchers
11:30am, 9 Feb 2016
3080 posts
Huntsman's right Nelly, stick to the plan and let it do the work for you. Worked for me for Abingdon, it's working well so far in my London build up.
11:34am, 9 Feb 2016
3045 posts
I peaked too soon last year, but I only lost a few seconds by feeling "off the boil" on race day. The confidence of sticking to plan is much more important than any other fitness gains you may make.

This year I am struggling to get into shape (mentally and physically) - count yourself lucky ;-)
11:41am, 9 Feb 2016
2330 posts
with a 2 week taper you've effectively got 6 weeks to go Nelly. Count them down, you're nearly there. Soon you'll be feeling the exact opposite....it'll be 4 weeks to go and you'll be asking yourself whether you've really done enough training (you will have)!
11:43am, 9 Feb 2016
1656 posts
Yes thanks Nelly, been out for 10 miles this morning :-)

I don't think an easy week would have any impact on you - I think I'll be fine after my few days off, and I guess you'd not stop completely
1:32pm, 9 Feb 2016
646 posts
Just adding to the chorus - now isn't really the time to slacken off Nelly, unless things are really difficult for you.
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Help Fetcheveryone!

Use our Amazon Link whenever you're planning to shop, and we get a small percentage of what you spend. Thank you lovelies!

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn is done. 2015 is done. These are the Spring 2016 plans for racing, or participating for fun/training purposes(*):
---------------------------------
Apr 10 - Manchester - Nelly, K5 Gus, KinkyS, glucotab
Apr 10 - Rotterdam - Jovi Runner
Apr 17 - Brighton - puzzler, clare1976, JohnnyO
Apr 24 - Stratford - DuncanG
Apr 24 - London - Windsor Wool, postieboy, JohnnyO, KinkyS, dan., Bazoaxe, paul the builder, donran, Curly45, BS, UsedToRunaBit, LouLou
May 8 - Trieste - lunaman
---------------------------------

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
The 2015 roll of honour - these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s):
emdee, HappyTimes, BS, HappyG(rrr), Joe Hawk, Scooby Dave, only weak men, run-forest-run, Fravage, LouLou, paul a, Windsor Wool, Daz Love, Bazoaxe, dan., postieboy

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Close