Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

1 lurkers | 206 watchers
10:21pm, 31 Oct 2014
1183 posts
Nice mileage this month Lou. Think I was around the same. In a wee bit of a zone just now as well.

Apologies for the avatar btw. Lucky Mrs Tizer doesn't log on here when it's a picture of me and a Hooters girl :-) It's the only picture I could find in my photo album....honest ;-)
10:24pm, 31 Oct 2014
641 posts
Good luck you guys, bazo hope you can get a good time off the back of mara training, and glad your mojo is back Lou and you give your sister a kicking ;-)
10:37pm, 31 Oct 2014
6441 posts

nice avatar Tizer! So glad not running the 31 mile run we did this weekend last week - horrendous! It's good to feel in the zone again. Been out of the zone for almost the whole year so good to feel like progress being made... Though early days.....

Good luck Bazo - that was my first sub 40 10k ...
10:42pm, 31 Oct 2014
6442 posts

nice avatar Tizer! So glad not running the 31 mile run we did this weekend last week - horrendous! It's good to feel in the zone again. Been out of the zone for almost the whole year so good to feel like progress being made... Though early days.....

Good luck Bazo - that was my first sub 40 10k ...
BS
10:47pm, 31 Oct 2014
2906 posts
Dan I would say do it but it really depends on your overall goal.

Good luck to HT for the weekend and any of the Ultra runners.

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Propensity for Intensity

Measuring the effort that makes up each training session. Click here to read the article >>

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn 2014 is open for business. Target marathons for the good people of the thread:
---------------------------------
26 Oct - Frankfurt - STOOSH
26 Oct - Leicester - dan
27 Oct - Dublin - BS, puzzler
2 Nov - Newcastle - HappyTimes

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
And these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s) so far in 2014:
Windsor Wool, The Urban Fox, BS, K5 Gus, dan., whiteflash, only weak men, paul a, abdou, B Rubble, Bazoaxe, paul the builder, Peacey, hellen, Happy Times, KinkyS, Glascu, RiversideRed, Westley

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close