The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

0 lurker | 248 watchers
19 Oct
7:08pm, 19 Oct 2016
4502 posts
Jovi Runner
I'm in Berlin on a deferred entry from this year.
19 Oct
7:16pm, 19 Oct 2016
10610 posts
WW - welcome to my world (of falling)

Re the JD plan, I will look at it again nearer the time and decide. The lack of LRs did worry me but the 2 x hard runs a week look a bit daunting, especially the midweek one
19 Oct
7:43pm, 19 Oct 2016
4503 posts
Jovi Runner
Am I the only one who thinks of the alcoholic beverage anytime anyone mentions the Jack Daniels training plan, no, only me then :-)
19 Oct
7:52pm, 19 Oct 2016
2894 posts
lol WW - good to see your keeping bazo's seat on the bench warm whilst he's relatively injury free ;-)

I'll be following the usual stoosh plan over winter in the run up to London!

I have 1 usable pair of trainers and a few worse for wear pairs if that counts as multiple pairs??
19 Oct
8:01pm, 19 Oct 2016
393 posts
Daz Love
WW - Yes see your fall on Strava as well! Sounds pretty nasty.

I always just have the one pair of trainers of the go (apart from a trail pair that are awful and I have had for about 3 years and hardly use) When these get to near c600 miles I grab another pair.

19 Oct
8:20pm, 19 Oct 2016
1545 posts
Briefly checking in and belated congratulations to Stoosh and Lou Lou!
20 Oct
9:29am, 20 Oct 2016
296 posts
Crikey WW, what have you done!? How long you out for? No lasting damage I hope?

I'm just ticking over at the moment, now out of my base phase and adding in some quality work now. Ran first XC race last weekend and legs have been stiff as planks since then, but ran pretty well considering the easy z2 stuff I've been doing!

I went and tried to do some XC specific threshold session last night, on the local rugby fields in the dark with a head torch, it helps to think there are mad men out there watching you with night vision goggles armed with evil dogs to help keep the pace up :-/

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn 2016 plans for racing, or participating for fun/training purposes(*):
Oct 30 - Ljubljana - Uyuni
Oct 30 - Dublin - BS
Nov 20 - Cornish - Chrisull
Nov 27 - Florence - Joe Hawk

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
The 2016 roll of honour - this outstanding collection of individuals has gone sub-3:15:
BS, Nelly, K5 Gus, KinkyS, whiteflash, paul a, puzzler, dan., Bazoaxe, Windsor Wool, paul the builder, donran, lunaman, Scooby Dave, Rossco Peeko
(sub-3er's can get their glory elsewhere ;-))