Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

6 lurkers | 218 watchers
9:19pm, 28 Jan 2015
2713 posts
Thanks folks - yep a PB and GFA (just) with 3:04:56 :-)
Curly - yes they could do with a bag drop for sure. Whilst the road closure stuff was great, some of the general organisation was seriously lacking, particularly given this was the 26th year of a fairly big race!
9:31pm, 28 Jan 2015
3065 posts
Superb stuff, emdee.

Just been looking at your splits on Strava (followed you btw), very impressive. Looking at the last four miles, dare I say you definitely have a sub 3 in you...
9:34pm, 28 Jan 2015
4163 posts
emdee - Nice running but you still got chicked ;-)
RFJ
9:50pm, 28 Jan 2015
3779 posts
Great running emdee

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

This week: New recipe section, we hit 14 miles, I start my beginners group, and the dog gets a haircut.

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Right. It's Spring 2015. Target marathons for the good people of the thread (or training/jogs denoted (*):-)):
---------------------------------
26 Feb - Marathon Day Marathon - Joe Hawk
8 Mar - Borders - HappyG(rrr)
5 Apr - Alexander the Great - Jovi Runner
12 Apr - Brighton - only weak men, Scooby Dave, JohnnyO
19 Apr - Manchester - Nelly, K5 Gus, abdou, glucotab
20 Apr - Boston - run-forest-run
26 Apr - London - Moscow Flyer, Windsor Wool, Peacey, JohnnyO(*), Bazoaxe, whiteflash, clare1976(*), RFJ, dan., hellen, Jovi Runner
26 Apr - Shakespeare - Chrisull
26 Apr - Düsseldorf - amabs
30 May - Kent RR - Scooby Dave
---------------------------------

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
And these outstanding individuals have run one (or more) sub-3:15(s) so far in 2015:

Related Groups

Sub 3:15 Marathon

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close