The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

3 lurkers | 254 watchers
5:00pm
5:00pm, 27 Apr 2017
742 posts
Shortcut Cam
Cheers Phil. What are you doing lurking on here?😉 Do you have an autumn road marathon planned or are you concentrating on the trails and Brutal runs?
6:18pm
6:18pm, 27 Apr 2017
28 posts
Phill_Young
Thought I'd have a look around the forums and see how everyone got on at the weekend 😊

Snowdonia Trail Marathon in July is next up. Autumn I'll be targeting a fast half marathon, trail races and getting ready for cross country.

BS
7:35pm
7:35pm, 27 Apr 2017
3217 posts
BS
Quick check over the last 100+ posts and good to see pacing being discussed for a change 😉 I'd like to think myself as an even pace but that's maybe only in my head but we all slow at some stage. (Don't we?)

Jovi I'm due to revisit Rotterdam at some stage as I owe it one having ran it in 07 during a heat wave and put my family through the experience of meeting me in the first aid tent.

Four marathons planned over the next couple of months and would love a gfa at one of them but after today's run on very heavy legs (Ultra still in them) it's not looking like Belfast on Monday but I might start out at gfa pace. Best shot could be Newry at the end of May or Derry at the start of June.

Good to see the list below (on phone) or over at the side. 👊

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Spring 2017 plans for racing, or participating for fun/training purposes(*):
---------------------------------
May 20 - White Peak - Joe Hawk
May 21 - Windermere - KinkyS, Joe Hawk
May 21 - Stirling - Son of a Pronator Man, SM6, STOOSH
---------------------------------
NEW NEWS
Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
The 2017 roll of honour - here's the folk who clocked sub-3:15 so far this year:
StarKinkyS
Starpaul a
StarUyuni
Stardonran
Starwhiteflash
StarPeacey
StarBazoaxe
StarRossco Peeko
StarSTOOSH
StarWindsor Wool
Starpaul the builder
(sub-3er's can be found elsewhere ;-))