The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

0 lurkers | 245 watchers
8:46pm, 25 May 2016
3874 posts
Joe - Steve does a huge % of his training around 70% of MHR so the speed for the consecutive marathons makes sense to me.
9:00pm, 25 May 2016
7204 posts

Thanks for the good luck messages - I'll be lucky to better my london time. What idiot tries to run a marathon whilst relocating, working full time and having a longer commute?

Rest day today - will reassess legs tomorrow! they are heavy this week with no life. Not taper madness - just miles at the weekend on hills. Hoping they magically improve in the next day or 2. If they don't I may can the whole thing and go shopping :-)
10:06am, 26 May 2016
203 posts
Best of luck to Rossco Peeks, Bazoaxe, LouLou going for Edinburgh.

Baz, believe in yourself and go and execute, we'll all be rooting you on from the virtual side-lines.
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help somone else's!) here.

Autumn is done. 2015 is done. These are the Spring 2016 plans for racing, or participating for fun/training purposes(*):
---------------------------------
May 29 - Edinburgh - Rossco Peeks, Bazoaxe, LouLou
---------------------------------

Medal! Liquid carbs For Santa! *fist-bump* etc.
The 2016 roll of honour - this outstanding collection of individuals has gone sub-3:15:
BS, Nelly, K5 Gus, KinkyS, whiteflash, paul a, puzzler, dan., Bazoaxe, Windsor Wool, paul the builder, donran, lunaman
(sub-3er's can get their glory elsewhere ;-))

Close