Email Password Forgot? | Register

Sub 3Hr Marathon

3 lurkers | 201 watchers
8:01am, 11 Feb 2016
1319 posts
Great running WW. 10K tempo hovering around 6mm is a really tasty pace at this stage...or at any stage!!

Dan, that's a nice way to break up the long run as well. Always good pushing to MP after you've been on your feet for a good few miles

My Lactate Clearance or alternating tempo wasn't really worthy of reporting on. The wind played its part but I just couldn't seem to get the legs moving at all and even the drop back to marathon pace felt tough (although there's no way I'm in sub 3 shape anyway)

On the upside I'm feeling more motivated as each week passes. Still not putting enough miles in but getting a couple of quality sessions in until I can motivate myself to start a Sunday LR
8:29am, 11 Feb 2016
648 posts
I still don't really get how some of you guys can be so fast in training. That tempo from WW would have been a nice 10k PB for me, and close to a 5k pb in the second half. If you're not starting to feel quite confident, you should be!
6:16pm, 12 Feb 2016
260 posts
Call from doctors and NO stress fracture has shown up. Its still not right as can feel when I move it however has got easier. Not sure what it is but back to the Doctors on Monday and will get a referral for Physio (I get private healthcare but need the referral!)

London could be back on :-)
7:12pm, 12 Feb 2016
650 posts
Great news!
7:40pm, 12 Feb 2016
440 posts
Good news Daz, get stretching!

Tempo for me tonight and I should have stayed at home. Had the day off to look after the poorly kids and could feel myself slowing coming down with it too.

Cut out the easy miles and somehow managed a decent pace but as soon as I slowed after 6 miles I felt terrible. Got home cold and shivering and had to lay on the floor. Good job tomorrow is a rest day!
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Help Fetcheveryone!

Use our Amazon Link whenever you're planning to shop, and we get a small percentage of what you spend. Thank you lovelies!

About This Thread

Targets 2016

dan. 2:55 - VLM
davelord 2:55 - Manchester
Chris 2:59 - VLM
jdarun 2:58 - Manchester
baz p 2:39 - Edinburgh
MrD 2:49 - Brighton
Bazoaxe 2:58 - VLM
J2R 2:59 - Autumn (sub 80 HM)
LouLou 2:59 - Berlin
K5 Gus 2:59 - Manchester