Slow and Proud (SAP) Club

76 watchers
Dec 2015
8:20pm, 6 Dec 2015
1,765 posts
  •  
Lemon10
I forgot it was the SAP mile so I have just picked my fastest mile from today's slow plod! Yesterday I was hungover after a great night out with friends at a local pub, great food and three pints, I simply cannot cope with alcohol, why do I do it? muppet

Had a busy week including a meeting at work with HR about my Occupational Health referral, and I got approval to work flexi time as a reasonable adjustment for my illness - I am very happy with that. But I am thinking very hard about a change of job in 2016.

Just watched Strictly and those two shouldn't have been in the dance off, but as we don't vote we can't really complain! :-)
Dec 2015
8:25pm, 6 Dec 2015
11,977 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
I haven't watched it yet so say no more!!! Just waiting for Alan to leave then I will put it on with my glas of wine, I have 51 posts to read on the dancing thread but haven't looked..
Dec 2015
8:55pm, 6 Dec 2015
13,987 posts
  •  
alpenrose
LG, I'm only away for a week this time. I timed it so I would be back to have a run before my race on the Sunday. Thursday is the club's Christmas Lights run. This morning, I managed to miss a run they were doing in onesies - I would never, ever want to wear one of those! :-P ;-)
Dec 2015
9:06pm, 6 Dec 2015
11,979 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
Not in public anyway ;-)

We had a girlie weekend away once and it was a onsie theme but just for our room
Dec 2015
6:49pm, 12 Dec 2015
1,766 posts
  •  
Lemon10
LG well done on hitting 600 miles today! :-)

Today I have put up the Christmas tree, battled with an almighty queue in the post office, done two loads of laundry and held the sofa down for a bit as well. I haven't been for a run, my mojo ran and hid when it saw the weather - seriously wet and windy. Come what may I AM running tomorrow. :-)
Dec 2015
8:32pm, 12 Dec 2015
14,157 posts
  •  
angelrose
What a productive day Lem. :) That sounds like something you should have posted in the Mundane thread. ;-)

I've come back from my hols with a little cold which today seems to have taken a turn for the worse. Grrrrr, it's my 10k tomorrow as well as hitting 500 miles for the year and I've now decided to bin it after all. :( Better that than making myself really ill.
Dec 2015
8:36pm, 12 Dec 2015
1,767 posts
  •  
Lemon10
I do like the mundane thread, my entire life would fit in very well there! That's good though - excitement is too exhausting! Hope you feel better soon Alpen - definitely worth giving it a miss for tomorrow. Rest up and hopefully you'll get over it quicker.
Dec 2015
10:44am, 13 Dec 2015
1,771 posts
  •  
Lemon10
Just back from my run, just under 3.5 miles and it felt like a lot of hard work! Lack of running lately taking its toll. Never mind. It was mostly enjoyable until I swallowed a fly and I was trying to cough it up on the run.
Dec 2015
11:08am, 13 Dec 2015
12,081 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
Well done L10, a run is a run.
AR sorry to hear you have given your race a miss but health comes first.
Its the Aberdeen fetch mile today and I briefly thought about going but last night's work do means not fit to drive just yet;-)

Hope everyone is ready or almost ready for Christmas, I still can't believe its almost here, I think it should only be anout July...
Dec 2015
11:14am, 13 Dec 2015
14,175 posts
  •  
angelrose
Well done Lem - a bit of extra protein never hurt anybody. ;-)

I meant to say thanks to you and Unity for nominating me for MOTM the other day, I was most touched. :)

I think the cold's taking a turn for the worse today, I popped down to the compost bin and got the shivers so I think it's a day on the couch for me today.

About This Thread

Maintained by
star star we are the Slow and Proud Club (formed on 04/02/12) This thread was formerly an offshoot of the Absolute Beginners thread star star

Come and join us - we do not judge people on their pace and you will receive lots of encouragement.

We are proud that we are getting off our couches and getting out there, no matter how slow!

---------------------------------------------
2020 TARGETS, GOALS AND ACHIEVEMENTS

*** target events for 2020
*** target distances for 2020
*** target annual mileage for 2020
*** other SAP goals for 2020
[revised 05/10/20]

JAN
medal Nutso - half marathon medal

FEB
XXX GimmeMedals - Run Your Heart Out 10k (cancelled due to weather)

MAR
XXX Lip Gloss - Smokies 10m (DNS due to other events)

APR
XXX Lip Gloss - Declaration of Arbroath 700th Anniversary Half Marathon (11th) POSTPONED
XXX Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (19th) POSTPONED
XXX Alpenrose - M12K 2020 Marnhull (19th) CANCELLED
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (26th) POSTPONED

MAY
XXX Lip Gloss - Chariots of Fire 5k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Cranleigh Trail Half walk (10th) CANCELLED
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (17th) POSTPONED

JUN

JUL

AUG
XXX Lip Gloss - Hatton 10k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - South Coast Challenge [walk first quarter c15 miles] (29th) POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 (NOW SIGNED UP FOR 50KM)

SEP
* Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (rescheduled date) VIRTUAL EVENT

OCT
XXX GimmeMedals - Great South Run (18th) CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Beachy Head Marathon (DEFERRED TO 2021)
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (rescheduled date) CANCELLED

NOV
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (1st - rescheduled date) CANCELLED

DEC
XXX

Womble's Goals
1) Keep doing my leg exercises and add ankles to the plan
2) Cto5k/10k my way
3) Concentrate on 5k then 10k times
4) Try to get to +300 miles in a year (plus 1000 walking miles)
5) Arrive at the BH marathon start line fit and healthy, and have fun whilst covering the challenge

Mulb's Goals
1) to start building some strength and flexibility work into my week
2) to get back in to walking every day for at least 30 mins
3) to shift some of the extra heft I've gained this year

To be archived: docs.google.com

[edited Dec 2019]