Cadence on Easy Runs

10 watchers
12 Jun
3:59pm, 12 Jun 2024
1,454 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
If you're looking for music, Love is a Battlefield, Rock Lobster and What I Am (Edie Brickell) work well at 180ish.
12 Jun
4:15pm, 12 Jun 2024
52,274 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
RunnyBunny wrote:If you're looking for music, Love is a Battlefield, Rock Lobster and What I Am (Edie Brickell) work well at 180ish.

I once spent ages trying to measure the precise beats per minute of lots of tracks on my iPod. (This was a long time ago!)

Is there an easy way, in these modern techie days, of playing a track, perhaps through an app, and getting a beats per minute reading?
12 Jun
4:20pm, 12 Jun 2024
17,897 posts
  •  
Garfield
I've googled and there's something called BPM detect which will do that.
12 Jun
4:22pm, 12 Jun 2024
17,898 posts
  •  
Garfield
There's another one called BPM detector, which gets much better reviews than the one I previously mentioned...
12 Jun
4:29pm, 12 Jun 2024
55,054 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Look for podrunner for music at different beats
12 Jun
4:41pm, 12 Jun 2024
52,275 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Garfield wrote:I've googled ...

What's that? :-)

Thnak you, Garfield and EvilPixie!
12 Jun
4:50pm, 12 Jun 2024
17,899 posts
  •  
Garfield
Hee hee!!!
12 Jun
5:44pm, 12 Jun 2024
1,455 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Spotify have some bpm playlists, although the 180 ones aren't that inspiring. I have an app called, imaginatively, BPM, which lets me tap along and calculates an average. It also shazams.

Podrunner used to have an app where you could actually adjust the bpm of their tracks if you particularly liked one that wasn't at the speed you wanted.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by LS21
Hello all,

After some advice/shared experiences from people who might have gone through a similar thing previously if possible.

Bit of background. 50 years old, been running relatively seriously for 20+ years, usually quite high mileage, like my road Marathons etc. But I've historically been pretty hard on my body. The classic quite slow cadence, thus overstriding and the associated issues that brings. Mitigated to some degree by strength training, but my issues have been getting prog...