Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

2 lurkers | 104 watchers
Oct 2016
7:36am, 31 Oct 2016
16,341 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
That's very thoughtless of your neighbour D. Did he even give you amy warning?

We're lucky with Floss, we were even able to take to a fireworks display this summer with no anxiety but she's a grown - up, not a baby.
Oct 2016
8:00am, 31 Oct 2016
21,483 posts
  •  
halfpint
Oh dear poor Indi must have got such a fright. Can you visit family when the event is happening for real. I love fireworks but they have to be used considerately.
Oct 2016
8:10am, 31 Oct 2016
2,944 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
That's very inconsiderate of him, D2. Extra cuddles and reassurance for Indi. Hopefully he'll be back to normal today. We've not experienced fireworks yet, although there have been some big bangs off Salisbury Plain at times. There are no big public displays near us and from what I remember of last year very little in the way of private do's so I've got my fingers crossed Charlie will be OK.
D2
Oct 2016
11:25am, 31 Oct 2016
9,001 posts
  •  
D2
I rang my neighbour and we met up this morning he was sorry for what happened and is going to do his firework display a little further away :)
Oct 2016
3:19pm, 31 Oct 2016
6,037 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
That's something I suppose D2. Our village fireworks display goes off less than a street away from us. Wanda has a good old bark and sometimes goes out in the garden to watch but doesn't seem too frightened as such. We reassure her but not in such a way that we are making her think that it's something she should be scared of. However I wouldn't want to go out and leave Wanda alone in the house on that evening even with all the curtains/blinds closed and the radio on loudly to mask it.

She had to cope with a thunderstorm in the middle of the night about three days after she arrived here from Battersea, which did frighten her at the time but since then she has been much calmer about thunder/fireworks
Oct 2016
3:56pm, 31 Oct 2016
684 posts
  •  
FergusG
Through no effort on my part at all, my two just ignore the fireworks (even if they're out in the garden) and don't look in least bit fussed. Not sure if Stella's Gun Dog heritage helps here (although she's never been a working dog herself) or if it's just blind luck? I do sympathise with all the dogs and their owners who are tormented at this time of year however. Kudos to D2 for both familiarising Indi with the noise (as per blog) and talking to the offending neighbour!
Oct 2016
4:12pm, 31 Oct 2016
21,485 posts
  •  
halfpint
Ernie got a bit of a fright when we encountered fire works a few days ago but actually calmed down quite quickly. I don't think there are likely to be any big displays close enough to here to be an issue.
Oct 2016
4:44pm, 31 Oct 2016
7,844 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I'm another lucky one who's dog has never been bothered by fireworks - he will happily go to displays or watch them from the garden.
Me dropping a saucepan lid on the tiled floor - or the noise the shower pump makes when it's not been turned off properly are a different matter - very scary they are!
Oct 2016
6:26pm, 31 Oct 2016
16,345 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Flossie won't stay in the kitchen if the extractor fan is on! :-)
Oct 2016
10:02pm, 31 Oct 2016
21,480 posts
  •  
Dave A
On tonight's walk Cookie was carried for over 2 miles because he roots to the spot when fireworks go off.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters dogdogdogDOG dogdogdog