Who are all the single Fetchies!!

3 lurkers | 256 watchers
May 2015
10:53pm, 1 May 2015
19,668 posts
  •  
halfpint
I hope you are getting a chance to put your feet up now RS. I've never been sure of duck eggs. Are eggs straight out of the hen very different to shop bought? Or is it more about how the bird is treated and fed?

My parents are here for the weekend. I've arranged a couple of very tentative house viewings for Monday but already thinking big mistake. My mother is irritating me already. Hopefully it is tiredness and I'll be fine tomorrow.
May 2015
10:24am, 2 May 2015
5,068 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
I guess its a its freshness and being free range and well fed HP.

I get my eggs from a local farm shop, and they are always very good. Very fresh and of course they haven't travelled far either.

Sort of lazing at home right now, had breakfast and radio is now on.
May 2015
10:28am, 2 May 2015
67,868 posts
  •  
Hanneke
The best things about eggs streight out the hen is their freshness... And they seem to be much more tasty. I generally bought free range eggs from a farmer's wife up the road though, and mine taste just as good :) Shop bought ones are less fresh and I don't think the chickens get a nice varied diet of pickings while out and about and the expensive layers pellets and mixed corn I feed them with... You get out what you put in practically and as I am after happy hens and tasty eggs rather than profit... I get lovely eggs.

Friend's husband said to her, when she first got hens, after her first egg, that egg has cost you £85... as he was factoring in the cost of the henhouse etc as well :)
May 2015
11:02am, 2 May 2015
1,129 posts
  •  
Hillbilly
Eggs straight from the hen always taste better to me. Hope you get your feet up RS.
Parkrun duties done 😄 we had a record turn out today 346 happy runners 🏃
May 2015
12:26pm, 2 May 2015
18,642 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Hello! Finished the donated duck eggs this morning - had them fried with mushrooms.

I've also been out removing Spanish bluebells from our local woods as they've been dominating the British ones. 15 of us turned up to help which is a good turn-out. One little girl too with her gardening gloves on. :)
May 2015
9:20am, 4 May 2015
1,130 posts
  •  
Hillbilly
That's torn it. I've gone and entered the London Marathon Ballot.
May 2015
11:34am, 4 May 2015
5,069 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
Me too HB, looking forward to the Sorry mag in the autumn ☺
May 2015
11:41am, 4 May 2015
67,869 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have been struggling trying to get a tubeless tyre off the rim off my MTB... It hasn't been used since last August so I am hoping to get it back to workinig order, in the hope that in the very near future I can actually ride it again... I am defeated, so the wheel and tyre are going back on... Not sure how long it will hold air for, but probably enough for a little road test ride later in the week.

Yesterday AM dragged me out for a ride and he made me ride for a whole hour, regardless of the pain I was in... bit quicker on the way back after cake, so 1hr50 minutes, with break, and a whole 4 km/hr quicker than 2 weeks ago when I went out with a friend for a similar ride. I guess that is prigress... I am finding it really hard to get back into things though :(
May 2015
12:59pm, 4 May 2015
1,131 posts
  •  
Hillbilly
Yay SCP we can commiserate with one another come the autumn.

Hann, stick with it you'll get there. With your work ethic it should be a doddle.
May 2015
1:35pm, 4 May 2015
67,870 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have just entered a 100 mile MTB bikepacking event on August BH weekend. Start early Saturday and I can take till Monday 4 pm to complete it, carrying overnight shelter and sleeping bag... Stick or carrot, you choose...

I have also booked onto Tandem Man's cost price recce of a new MTB holiday route he wants to test with some friends... 10 - 20 October...

So now I have to get back...

About This Thread

Single? Want to chat?