depression

241 watchers
Dec 2016
1:59pm, 29 Dec 2016
927 posts
  •  
Serenmerrily
I hope it works for you Jangles. Most people I suspect on this thread have a fair inkling of how it is for you even tho they do not have your reasons. I wish there was a way to build a bridge to you and make it less lonely. My mum was treated poorly and her life fell apart. She was left with a burning sense of righteousness that no one wanted to know about: she was just expected to move on and get on with it. My struggles have been much more mundane. I get off lightly as long as I can run.
Dec 2016
2:47pm, 29 Dec 2016
11,024 posts
  •  
Carpathius
Haven't been around on this thread for ages, but I do think of you all, and hope you're all getting through the holidays. Hang on in there bighug
Dec 2016
3:46pm, 29 Dec 2016
5,383 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
Good advice there HoD. I sometimes just ease back and enjoy the sense of movement and the scenery around me.
I have found Parkrun a good way of getting me out running, so I'm building from there.

Its just sometimes, just getting out of bed to do a run feels difficult.

So have you split up from your wife? Sorry to hear that.

((hugs)) to all.
Dec 2016
3:26pm, 30 Dec 2016
11,683 posts
  •  
early bird
I coped with half a day's visiting yesterday, then made up excuses to not see my other daughter as I just couldn't face it and headed home. I feel guilty and sad but I done what was right for me.

I've not told OH about my reluctance to run tomorrow but he's picked up on it. I guess I'm lucky as he's being supportive and not pushy. I think I'm just going to travel there and just the fact that I'm there will hopefully get me running and I will do it.

HOD I'm really sorry to hear your news it's never easy at time of the year ((()))

Jangles I hope it helps x
Dec 2016
4:13pm, 30 Dec 2016
3,869 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Wishing everyone well on this thread.

I've had a message from a friend who has become very depressed after a relationship break up. He's admitted himself to hospital over Christmas. I'd like to know the best way to support him. I've been exchanging simple messages, but I'm not sure if it's helpful.
Dec 2016
4:21pm, 30 Dec 2016
42,278 posts
  •  
swittlebelonelythischristmas
If he's replying, then I'd say it *is* helpful. Any link with pre-illness life can hasten the return to recovery in my experience.
Dec 2016
5:19pm, 30 Dec 2016
3,870 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Thanks Swit. I'm trying to converse as I normally would with him, telling him what I've been up to, but I don't want to come over all "look at my perfect life". I've been asking questions, but trying not to pry. He's such a kind and empathetic soul who saw my distress when no one else noticed and helped me to help myself.
Ah, that's what I should say next time I receive a message.
Dec 2016
7:10pm, 30 Dec 2016
17,051 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I haven't run for months
Dec 2016
10:37pm, 30 Dec 2016
31,139 posts
  •  
Nellers
Haven't posted in here for a while, mainly because I'm having a bit of a good patch at the minute. Sorry to read that so many of us are going through tough times. I wish there was more I could do to help beyond wishing you all well and reassuring you that it won't last forever. Keep doing what you have to do to get through the dark times and back to the sunshine. Hugs, everyone.
Dec 2016
12:03pm, 31 Dec 2016
3,871 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
That's good to hear Nellers. Long may it continue.
It's a tough time of year for many and my thoughts and good wishes go out to those who need them too.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE