Email Password Forgot? | Register

The 5:2 diet

0 lurkers | 83 watchers
9:44pm, 17 Nov 2014
5829 posts
Starting up again ..... need to shift half a stone :-)
7:24am, 27 Nov 2014
3374 posts
Been doing 5:2 on and off since seeing a friend's results last Christmas.
After having been more off than on (bit like my running really) I gave myself a good talking to last month and committed myself to it.
I have no idea how much I weigh and I don't really want to know - its all about the clothes fit for me - I finally seem to be getting results :-)
2:45pm, 27 Nov 2014
7371 posts
Hello 5:2 peeps - on my second week, and it has felt a bit easier this week. I wanted to ask - have any of you donated blood on a fast day? I have a blood session coming up and it is on a Monday when I would normally be fasting - do you think this is OK, or should I move the fasting day to the following day instead?

3:00pm, 27 Nov 2014
10199 posts
I'd definitely move your fast day. I don't think they'd let you donate if you'd been fasting.
3:01pm, 27 Nov 2014
1292 posts
Schnecke I'm no expert here but I'd skip a fast day around the time of the donation, your blood sugar could get very low
3:02pm, 27 Nov 2014
10957 posts
I did something weird the other night on a fast day... found myself chewing up my sons left over tea on Monday night and had to spit it out into the green waste. Am I going bulimic?
6:50pm, 27 Nov 2014
7372 posts
Thanks for the advice - I had wondered if it might be sensible to move the fast day that week, or abandon it altogether. I'll see how I feel a bit nearer the time.

Argie - I did a similarly silly thing this morning when I absentmindedly sloshed a load of milk into my coffee then, realising I should be having it black today, had to tip it away and pour another cup!

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

This week: Elf deliveries, more puddles, a birthday cake, puddle-avoiding dog, I high five santa and our long run reaches double figures!

About This Thread

Anyone want to try it with me?

Info - Link (roll over me to see where I go)

5 days of 'normal' eating and 2 days eating 600 calories (men), 500 calories (women).
Fast days are best not done on consecutive days, unless you have amazing willpower.

Helpful links-

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Tags
#diet

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close