Email Password Forgot? | Register

The 5:2 diet

0 lurkers | 90 watchers
3:32pm, 18 Jan 2016
5616 posts
I'm like that Gogsy - Don't miss brekkie but insist on a cuppa. Some 'fast' days I probably go over the 600 cals but not by much.
3:33pm, 18 Jan 2016
6357 posts
Is it working for you bl?

has it become a habit?
3:37pm, 18 Jan 2016
5617 posts
Yes - deffo working for me. My wieght had been edging upwards for years and 5:2 stopped it in its tracks and I lost about a stone and a half.

Since then my weight fluctuates a bit but has stopped the creep upwards.

As for habit , I tend to do it for a few months then take a break but when I am on 5:2 it does feel quite routine these day yes.

About the only thing I can't control is mood. Some days it just gets to me and I have to quit it and eat :-) Life's too short to be dieting AND miserable :-)
3:44pm, 18 Jan 2016
6358 posts
I hear you, your last sentence is very relevant to me as well.

Good luck
3:45pm, 18 Jan 2016
5619 posts
Ta, you too (however you choose to lose weight)
8:59am, 2 Feb 2016
5833 posts
Have never had to concern myself with what I eat but then a need to wear a suit occured which showed I'd outgrown even my "fat suit". Only managed to button shirt collar 'cause it was Baltic in the church and everything had shrunk a bit ... 5:2 is the selected remedy. Have played about with it fir a week
9:02am, 2 Feb 2016
5834 posts
.... for a week. Logic seems sound. Just consume less than you are expending. FD not too bad although 2 FD B2B proved more challenging. Will see how things go from here ....
4:34pm, 2 Feb 2016
503 posts
Well done, JC, the first couple of weeks are the hardest. (B2B gets it 'over & done with' but tends to make me a bit grumpy by the end of it.)

If you can handle it - I know a lot who can't - a jar of Bovril can be a life saver to get you through the tough parts.

Good luck!
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Help Fetcheveryone!

Use our Amazon Link whenever you're planning to shop, and we get a small percentage of what you spend. Thank you lovelies!

About This Thread

Anyone want to try it with me?

Info - Link (roll over me to see where I go)

5 days of 'normal' eating and 2 days eating 600 calories (men), 500 calories (women).
Fast days are best not done on consecutive days, unless you have amazing willpower.

Helpful links-

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Tags
#diet

Close