Email Password Forgot? | Register

The 5:2 diet

0 lurkers | 81 watchers
9:37am, 4 Sep 2014
4657 posts
Second fast day today. Why do fast days go so slowly?
5:00pm, 6 Sep 2014
962 posts
Ha, look it's 5pm already...........
7:15pm, 6 Sep 2014
4662 posts
You fast on a Saturday??? :-O Wow. You must have a will of steel. I did a 10-miler this morning though, which is roughly the same calorie deficit I reckon.
6:31pm, 16 Sep 2014
2025 posts

I stopped doing 5:2 in January, after the regime had taken me down from 105kg to 84kg. Since then, I've pretty much 'flat-lined' at 84-85kgs.

Back doing one semi-restricted day a week from this week, both to show solidarity to my wife and to just lose a tiny bit more.

I'm so glad that I stuck with 5:2 through 2013. I now wear "M" tops instead of "XL". I also slip into 34" trousers, instead of 38" ones with 'elasticated' waistbands. As to my running, I'm loving it.

Keep the faith.

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Bending The Ruler

Methods of race time prediction. Click here to read the article >>

About This Thread

Anyone want to try it with me?

Info - Link (roll over me to see where I go)

5 days of 'normal' eating and 2 days eating 600 calories (men), 500 calories (women).
Fast days are best not done on consecutive days, unless you have amazing willpower.

Helpful links-

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Tags
#diet

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close