Bike maintenance for dummies.

A thread for your questions about fixing common bike problems.

Need help naming a part? Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Related Groups

Page: First Previous 171 172 173 174
CStar
CStar
10:11pm, 11 Apr 2014
2997 posts
Brakes =LBS for me. I can do pretty much anything else, but never ever seem to be able to get the brakes quite right and it ends up with lots of sweary stuff. I've got one rebuild completely done and I'm off to LBS tomorrow for the final piece - brake settings!
Winded
Winded
8:02am, 12 Apr 2014
1653 posts
The thing I currently find tricky is properly lining up the front derailleur. I imagine I'll get the knack with more trial & error.

When I started riding bikes again (not long ago) I found doing anything to the brakes awkward. I had frog leg cantilever brakes- after changing the front brake to a double pivot I found it much easier to tinker. My commuter has V brakes which I find easiest of all.
Page: First Previous 171 172 173 174

minardi. Scran oi you Roy McLoughlin hildy Duchess D2 Scotty P Windsor Wool Tigerlily PeteFastFeet smoke free Garfield Fifi Le Pew Phil Dawdler Nelly mikolaj Striderdan mowatb PR5 Sharkie DoricQuine Rken Mrs Pepperpot simon_g
Fetcheveryone is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick St, London, W1F 9EP.
Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2014.