Email Password Forgot? | Register

North East local Races

0 lurkers | 52 watchers
8:54am, 31 Aug 2015
2256 posts
Old course was a doodle compared to the new, will be back again next year to try and beat my time
7:40am, 10 Sep 2015
362 posts
Hi folks, is anyone here considering "Morpeth 2 Newcastle", the marathon? I have a pre entry email thingy but a bit tentative. Furthest I've ran is a few metres further than a half... I have however been slinging entries in for 'The' marathon in London off and on for over a decade with no joy.

Any ideas on M2N
- elevation profile
- how many entrants there will be
- what will the weather be like (joke)
- anything basically...

Thank yoooooooooooou. Ta :-)
8:13am, 10 Sep 2015
363 posts
And another one...
- will it be officially recognised as a marathon on PO10, Runbritain etc? I think that's part of the licencing.
9:23pm, 10 Sep 2015
2027 posts
Mark, I've entered already. They're planning a ballot but offer entries now if you register beforehand. There will be closed roads for the race giving you 5 hours 30 mins to do it. I saw something somewhere that said 3000 entrants (or was it 7000?!).
It should be good for Po10 or Run Britain...
8:00am, 11 Sep 2015
364 posts
Cheers Rob, will give it a think over the weekend. :-)

Spectating the GNR might sway me....
4:16pm, 11 Sep 2015
45 posts
That Morpeth 2 Newcastle marathon sound brilliant for my first marathon. Sunday is my first GNR. If it goes well I'll sign up deffo.
4:20pm, 11 Sep 2015
46 posts
Pants. According to the website ticket sales have ended and the ballot is next week. Disappointing. First I've heard of it.
2:46pm, 2 Oct 2015
1633 posts
I just entered and although it initially said I'm only entering for the ballot, after I paid my notification email said that I have a guaranteed place as I'm in the first 6000 entrants..
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Help Fetcheveryone!

Use our Amazon Link whenever you're planning to shop, and we get a small percentage of what you spend. Thank you lovelies!

About This Thread

Somewhere to chat about all the local races and who will be where.

Barry's website: Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Any races, events or performances you want promoting up here?