Help! Can anyone tell me what HM to do next - wkend 16th or 23rd Oct?

2 watchers
Sep 2022
7:21pm, 26 Sep 2022
29 posts
  •  
Chrismean
Best way to get over a disappointing race, right? I feel like I trained incredibly hard (with a coach) and did not hit the day. No idea why. But I *really* want to try again. Is there any PB ideal race that someone could recommend?

I looked at the Race Finder - but it's a bit overwhelming. I see a lot of Run Through events, but I assume no pacers are available with those. I'll be in LDN the week between 16th or 23rd Oct, so could do either weekend. Please and thanks!
Sep 2022
8:01pm, 26 Sep 2022
59,948 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
How about this one? fetcheveryone.com/races/windsor-lakeside-half-marathon-6190023 Close to London, on road, PB potential.
Sep 2022
8:24pm, 26 Sep 2022
30 posts
  •  
Chrismean
thanks! that route looks ideal. just wonder about whether i'd have people to run about the 1.30 mark with. couldn't find any results etc.
Sep 2022
8:57pm, 26 Sep 2022
2,909 posts
  •  
Fitz
Chelmsford Half, 16th Oct?
Sep 2022
9:06pm, 26 Sep 2022
59,949 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
You'd be near the front, but not on your own results.eventchiptiming.com and I wonder if numbers will be up this year due to the Windsor Half which should have been yesterday being cancelled at short notice.
Sep 2022
6:43am, 27 Sep 2022
31 posts
  •  
Chrismean
Chelmsford Half, 16th Oct?

Oh, excellent. I think the description as undulating put me off … but it’s mentioned as flat somewhere else. Thanks so much
Oct 2022
7:03am, 3 Oct 2022
29,528 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Great eastern run in Peterborough 16th Oct. It’s flat

greateastern.run

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrismean
Best way to get over a disappointing race, right? I feel like I trained incredibly hard (with a coach) and did not hit the day. No idea why. But I *really* want to try again. Is there any PB ideal race that someone could recommend?

I looked at the Race Finder - but it's a bit overwhelming. I see a lot of Run Through events, but I assume no pacers are available with those. I'll be in LDN the week between 16th or 23rd Oct, so could do either weekend. Please and thanks!