Fetch Pregnancy Club

172 watchers
Sep 2015
2:43pm, 7 Sep 2015
4,620 posts
  •  
Battlecat
I'm still here! She's nearly 3 weeks now. The tiredness is starting to properly hit me, people are no longer saying 'you look really well' when they see me :-)
I'm almost half thinking that I'll be able to run in the foreseeable future. Not this week, but maybe next.

El Capitan (or the Dagenham Goat as he seems to have renamed himself) is back to work today and she's been really clingy all day (and all of last night), she wouldn't settle at all unless she was on me. I've finally managed to get her to drop off in her bouncer for the first time today by putting her in it in front of the washing machine.
She's gone from feeding every 3ish hours to every 90 minutes even in the night, it's driving me mad but she's got a weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping this is a growth spurt and she'll be up to birth weight so I don't have to keep going back weekly.

I think I had carpal tunnel in the last few weeks, although not as bad as you Neems. I had stiff fingers first thing in the morning, couldn't really grip properly but it got better through the day. It's better since I've had her but not completely gone yet.

I'm a headachey person as well WL. Luckily I didn't have anything too bad during pregnancy as I usually reach for the codeine as well. I can get a bit of relief from massaging my temples. It's not as good as drugs but it's slightly better than nothing!
Sep 2015
2:49pm, 7 Sep 2015
1,419 posts
  •  
VicksterH
it will be a growth spurt BC - they usually happen around 10 days, 3 weeks, 6 weeks and 3 months if i remember correctly. Hang on in there and your milk supply will catch up with her new appetite
Sep 2015
3:55pm, 7 Sep 2015
638 posts
  •  
neems
WL - poor you :-( I suffered with headaches at the beginning of my pregnancy, sometimes lasting a couple of days, and they'd often come on in the middle of the night while I was asleep. Nothing as bad as yours sound though. I would definitely tell your midwife/doctor and see what they say. Mine eased off as my pregnancy progressed so hopefully that will be the case for you.

BC! Hello :-) Nice to hear an update from you, can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! Sounds tough with the sleeping and feeding stuff...love your honesty that it's driving you mad! I have no advice as you'd expect, hah. You sound like you're doing great though, especially as you're thinking about running already! I am starting to think about hanging up my trainers, this Saturday will probably be my last park run.

Good to hear your fingers at least feel better post-birth, even if they're not back to normal. Hoping the same applies to me. It's probably the worst symptom I've had, but I suppose I'm quite lucky if that's the most I have to complain about.
Sep 2015
4:16pm, 7 Sep 2015
11,742 posts
  •  
RuthB2
BC, you're doing great, really great. If she likes the washing machine have you tried a white noise app? Also grab any help anyone offers with both hands - cuppas, offers to hold the baby, take her for walks, anything and everything. You deserve it. Bravo.
Sep 2015
8:14pm, 7 Sep 2015
13,642 posts
  •  
Tiggia
WL - with #2 I had a two week headache. Midwife just said it was hormonal and also saw GP who thought it might be migraine. But it went and then I never had another so fingers crossed this buggers off for you soon but do check out with your MW and GP.

With #1 I had mild carpal tunnel and it does bugger off immediately after birth IIRC.

BC - growth spurts are tough but hang on in there - it's just a phase :) and Ruth is right - accept all help offered. Especially friends who bring food or cuddle baby whilst you get a nap.
Sep 2015
8:46pm, 7 Sep 2015
10,449 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
Congrats WL!!

Wow feeding every 90 minutes sounds harsh BC. Good that she's feeding well though :)

I have my 20 week scan on Friday. I'm pretty terrified. I've been been feeling flutters for about 2 weeks now but nothing more than that. I just really hope everything is ok. We're not going to find out the gender.

I got a message from my sister today. She is one of those crazy people who enters a million online competitions. She's added baby ones to her repertoire for me and has won me a Snuzpod! I'm very excited as was just going to get a cheapy moses basket.
Sep 2015
9:25pm, 7 Sep 2015
3,817 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
*scurries off to google snuzpod*

I've unfortunately always been prone to headaches and migraines. I remember having them as a child (many years pre-puberty). I don't ever remember not having them regularly. I'd hoped being preggers would make them bugger off (a friend's migraines disappeared with pregnancy, so there was hope), but no joy...the problem is not being able to deal with them immediately and effectively as paracetamol is essentially useless. That, & the problem that they last 3-4 days each time. This is at least the second, but I think third, since we got pregnant. The first was before I *knew* so was dispatched swiftly with strong drugs...the second probably four weeks ago(ish).
Sep 2015
3:37pm, 8 Sep 2015
4,621 posts
  •  
Battlecat
I was thinking about your migraines last night WL - isn't co-codamol OK? Not quite codeine but a step up from paracetamol. *not a doctor, don't take actual advice from me!

I did our first solo trip out today. We went to the weighing clinic and she's now tracking the 50th centile line exactly and back above birth weight so I don't have to go back for a while :-) Then I took her into work and Sainsbury's. Nothing went wrong and she slept the whole time. I might brave a walking trip out tomorrow. Go me!

I've downloaded a white noise app and it seems to be doing the trick. Thanks Ruth :-)
I'm not one to ask for help ever really but towards the end of my pregnancy and carrying on with the baby I've quickly learnt to ask rather than try to manage!
Sep 2015
4:05pm, 8 Sep 2015
3,818 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
I forgot to say yesterday: Exciting stuff about feeling the flutters OB! And wow - 20 weeks already, exciting :-)

In other boring news, I still have a headache :-( I am on the verge of tears. It really fucking hurts. Three full days so far.

I usually take co-codamol, but that has coedine in it, so haven't done so far...

Have called the doc and asked them to call me back to advise.
Sep 2015
6:13pm, 8 Sep 2015
904 posts
  •  
SuzyWoo
*delurks* I can now be here officially as opposed to just lurking! :) Had my 12 week scan and all ok with a due date on 17th March! Haven't been on Fetch for running reasons for a while now but still read blogs and log (occasional) running. All very exciting and scary at the same time!

About This Thread

Maintained by Tiggia
In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Latest arrivals:

Battlecat - Gracie - 16 October 2017 pram
Neems - Isobel - 22 September 2017 pram
CornishEva - Thomas - 25 July 2017 pram

Expectant Fetchies:

louise182 - EDD 15 October 2017 pram