Email Password Forgot? | Register

Aberdeen Fetch Mile- anyone interested?

0 lurkers | 68 watchers
5:23pm, 17 Nov 2014
877 posts
I preferred the old finish - it was a bit painful going around the finish in a big circle before you could get in to it, and the entrance to the end loop (about 1.5 i long) was a slow burn up hill which was a killer in a fast finish. The last 50 meters was up a steep park hill on wet grass! Cruel!
7:02pm, 17 Nov 2014
2278 posts
aw hi Kim :-) I wasn't sure if I was encouraging or bullying Raspberry!

I think if you hadn't done the old route, the new one wouldn't have been quite so bad- it was horrible running past what used to be nearly the end! but the drag uphill at the end and the wet steep uphill finish were definitely mean
7:22pm, 17 Nov 2014
5158 posts
I knew no different but did think uphill at the end was vicious
7:23pm, 17 Nov 2014
1644 posts
UTMB blog if anyone is interested Link (roll over me to see where I go)
7:35pm, 17 Nov 2014
2279 posts
loved the blog Mike :-)
7:58pm, 17 Nov 2014
1249 posts
It was a great blog.
9:13pm, 17 Nov 2014
938 posts
Well done GMCers and Fraserburgh HMers. Big virtual high 5 for Rhona's PB. Valencia was great fun (except for my time) will blog later but a recommend to those who like to marathon overseas. I know there are a few on this thread.
11:53pm, 17 Nov 2014
1731 posts
Howdy folks and well done in Fraserburgh and Valencia.

Pb Oh shove on a party hat and get into the spirit of things, go on. You won't have to do it again for another sixty years. for RWR :-)

The gmc was possibly one of the toughest physical challenges I've ever done. I nearly quit three times on day 1, day 2 was better but then I had the company of the lovely Shanksi and RitchieC for half of it. Now it's done I'm super proud of myself for battling through over 30 miles of brutal, hilly terrain, and yes, I won a prize for being the first solo female on the c course, even though I wasn't technically solo for a lot of it and there were no other solo females, but hey, you gotta be in it to win it!

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

If you enjoy it, please give it a like, and send the link to all your running friends. Thank you!

About This Thread

NEXT FETCH MILE: CANCELLED

The SUNDAY 8th JUNE mile has been cancelled due to low numbers. We will look to rearrange something later in the year.

Related Groups

Aberdeen Fetch Mile

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close