1:35pm, 11 Dec 2014
2329 posts
oh dear :( maybe time to amputate??
2:40pm, 11 Dec 2014
334 posts
Phone the vet!
10:26pm, 11 Dec 2014
29 posts
I see the Christmas Canter results up and almost 50 DNS's. Seems a real shame for organisers that there was so many.
9:17am, 12 Dec 2014
2330 posts
Yeah the organiser was saying that on the day. She ordered extra medals as so many were registered, then loads didn't turn up. It's a shame that the cheaper races are auffering from this
9:50am, 12 Dec 2014
7148 posts
i guess it is considered that if you book a race and it only costs £10 but don't turn up it's not a lot of money you miss... I'm too tight to do that! I'd expect to run regardless......

but then making strict no swaps limits peoples options to pass it onto someone who might have taken their place.....

As long as contact details are firmly filled in on race numbers, i don't' see the big problem with swaps.
10:24am, 12 Dec 2014
2331 posts
To be fair, swaps were allowed for the Christmas canter
11:13am, 12 Dec 2014
7149 posts
I didnt realise they were.... That's good.......... did Ronnie get in?
11:24am, 12 Dec 2014
2332 posts
He was offered a place but didn't take it
12:11pm, 12 Dec 2014
595 posts
Kynon - I feel your frustration, brah.

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

This week: Elf deliveries, more puddles, a birthday cake, puddle-avoiding dog, I high five santa and our long run reaches double figures!

About This Thread

NEXT FETCH MILE: CANCELLED

The SUNDAY 8th JUNE mile has been cancelled due to low numbers. We will look to rearrange something later in the year.

Related Groups

Aberdeen Fetch Mile

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close