Email Password Forgot? | Register

My name's Duffo and i'm an....Archers Addict

0 lurkers | 30 watchers
4:44pm, 15 Jan 2015
6469 posts
My most annoying character ever is Christine Barford - but that's probably becasuse the actress is SO crap. There are a fair few not-much-cop actors in The Archers but she takes Keeper's* biscuit.

* another one for true aficionados there.
4:45pm, 15 Jan 2015
22097 posts
James and Loonie are also crap.

And New Pip sounds like Baroness Warnock.
4:50pm, 15 Jan 2015
9664 posts
I find every single member of the Grundy family intensely annoying. I include Emmur in this.

However Kate is in a league of her own in slappability.

Look, I'd stopped listening and just randomly caught a couple of episodes this week. I'm not 'back'. ;-)
4:53pm, 15 Jan 2015
22098 posts
Course you're not. You can handle it ;-)
4:59pm, 15 Jan 2015
413 posts
* Wonders if it is safe to read thread as I secretly listen to the omnibus when out running*
My secret is out.
5:19pm, 15 Jan 2015
6470 posts
With a fast moving, drama packed, daily soap like the Archers there are bound to be spoilers Surelynot.

Safest to only check in after your long run on Sunday.

Otherwise you risk hearing Bert Fry's plant choice advice to Carole Tregorran.
5:52pm, 15 Jan 2015
414 posts
That's what I fear Sharkie. It would be shame to stumble on how Bert's poetry is progressing. Sunday wouldn't be the same.
6:34pm, 15 Jan 2015
4165 posts
Kate is such a great character, dreadful person but oh so real!

Well done to old Emma on her Oscar nomination.
7:39pm, 15 Jan 2015
9665 posts
Given Sean O'Editor getting rid of the 'old' actors in favour of 'properly trained' actors - I love the fact that Felicity Jones went to Oxford, not RADA :-) (I know she's not one of the ones he got rid of, but still - makes you think, eh? )

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

This week: New recipe section, we hit 14 miles, I start my beginners group, and the dog gets a haircut.

About This Thread

Yes, every Sunday morning i listen to the Archers
Tags
None

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close