Email Password Forgot? | Register

depression

0 lurkers | 202 watchers
10:45pm, 27 Jul 2015
5158 posts
I'm struggling with my running too SF. Which means I've put weight on, which people are starting to notice. Getting out of bed can be a challenge too.

If I don't go for a run, I try and least go for a walk. Gets me outside and into fresh air.

Moving home does feel like a huge decision, but I just have this feeling that I'd like to live somewhere else.
11:16pm, 27 Jul 2015
35 posts
It's interesting to see how many people have had significant success with running to supplement and promote their mental health. I've recently come across several figures from the ultra running scene who have had significant mental health issues (Rob Krar to name but one) and serious addiction (Tim Olsen) coincidentally both running for North Face.
11:21pm, 27 Jul 2015
36 posts
I think over time I'll divulge a little more, but for now guys I'll stay part of the conversation if that's ok? Stiff upper lip and all that, happy, safe, injury free running to one and all!
11:22pm, 27 Jul 2015
33 posts
I used to use running as way of coping with my anxiety - it 'levelled' me. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with depression around the same time as an injury stopped me running, so I was actually worse off having lost my coping mechanism.
11:23pm, 27 Jul 2015
34 posts
Of course Kimmy, that's understandable. I "lurked" in this forum for months before I posted for the first time!
11:26pm, 27 Jul 2015
37 posts
It's official then ... I'm a lurker :-)
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Fetch Gets Mobile!

Take us wherever you go! Click here to read the article!

About This Thread

Tags
None

Related Groups

Wibblers go for a wobble

Close