depression

1 lurker | 210 watchers
18 Jul
11:46pm, 18 Jul 2016
2587 posts
Irontubs
Hope everyone is hanging on!

getting out and doing stuff definitely helps us Nellers, sometimes it is the initial getting moving bit I struggle with.

Can anyone tell me if it is usual to feel a bit of a dip when changing meds?
I went back to the doc the other week as I didn't feel like I was doing very well and he changed my meds. I haalfed the dose of current ones before starting the new ones after a full day off the other ones. I'm guessing it is to be expected but just wondered how others have felt this and what else I can expect over the next wee while?
19 Jul
10:38pm, 19 Jul 2016
32248 posts
Toks
Don't know iron tubs but hope someone comes around to help you

Been struggling for past few weeks as lost a dear friend two weeks ago and funeral was last week, tough saying good bye and running has suffered but must get back tomorrow with 10k as I have marathon 58 next week Sunday
19 Jul
11:24pm, 19 Jul 2016
21665 posts
Derby Tup
Bereavement is tough when life is difficult. Thoughts with you Toks (and everyone else)
20 Jul
6:45am, 20 Jul 2016
32251 posts
Toks
Thanks Derby and brings up emotional trauma up and still grieving the loss of my brother who we lost to accident this year February 😢🙁😖😔
20 Jul
11:35am, 20 Jul 2016
32421 posts
Hills of Death (HOD)
My anxiety is playing havoc with me I try to put it in perspective when you see this has happened to this and that person. (Mrs Boardman, guy at works brother last night age 44). Still effects me though hard to explain to someone who isn't effected by this.

Wish I could just think 'normally' :-(
20 Jul
11:44am, 20 Jul 2016
21667 posts
Derby Tup
One of the defining characteristics of anxiety and depression for me is a lack of perspective. Tiny problems play on your mind. Real issues become debilitating. I had a bad week recently when I couldn't get my head round (mostly work related) problems. Thoughts with you too HOD
20 Jul
12:40pm, 20 Jul 2016
9558 posts
Liliaicha
HOD I know exactly how you feel. I feel crippled by ridiculous anxiety over the stupidest little things. Then I start to panic about what would happen if something really bad did happen. Vicious cycle.
20 Jul
12:40pm, 20 Jul 2016
9559 posts
Liliaicha
HOD I know exactly how you feel. I feel crippled by ridiculous anxiety over the stupidest little things. Then I start to panic about what would happen if something really bad did happen. Vicious cycle.
20 Jul
1:09pm, 20 Jul 2016
32425 posts
Hills of Death (HOD)
My minds is best 'busy' and 'occupied' the devil makes work for idle hands ;-).

Left alone with my own thoughts is dangerous
6:02am
6:02am, 26 Jul 2016
2 posts
Haile Strung
An update from me (a fetchie in disguise)

After a couple of years on meds I had a 6 sessions of NHS CBT on the phone.
I came off the meds at the start. I was very sceptical about whether the CBT would work, even all the way through it, as the therapist didn't really talk about what was bothering me, but what she did do was give me the tools and the impetus to think about things more clearly.

I don't think it has solved things, and I still have issues, but it has got me to a stage where I can live with it and I think I am continuing to make slow progress all the time.

Six months later and I feel as though I understand now. Before it was all confusion. Now I can see paths forward. I just have to decide which to take.

Best wishes to all and I hope you find your own ways of dealing with this awful thing.

About This Thread

Tags

Related Groups

Wibblers go for a wobble

Close