Heart rate

298 watchers
Nov 2007
8:30pm, 15 Nov 2007
1,617 posts
  •  
Girlie
I've found Parker simple enough to stick to and it's provided the discipline needed to make me go slower in training, esp for the LSRs.

I'm hoping to get back to pre-NY levels shortly and maybe crack that 11:00/mi barrier as well for training! Strange thing is my avg pace for NY was slower than my trainning pace!!! Just shows what walking and bridges/hills do to you!

WW got another book in NY which is simialr, but then goes into more depth for different zones. It seems a good 2nd stage book.
Nov 2007
8:36pm, 15 Nov 2007
2,132 posts
  •  
Boingy
t3d - I couldn't agree with you more. You made yourself very clear, and I think you'll find a lot of people on this site get motivated by following the same philosophies you outlined.

You made some good comments in point 1 too.
Ted
Nov 2007
8:41pm, 15 Nov 2007
522 posts
  •  
Ted
Boingy, the credit must go to BB and of course the ladies. I am but a mere seconder.
Nov 2007
8:44pm, 15 Nov 2007
2,180 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Hear hear :)

What are we agreeing to..?
;)
Nov 2007
8:45pm, 15 Nov 2007
1,619 posts
  •  
Girlie
Green Fetch shirts?
Nov 2007
8:45pm, 15 Nov 2007
11,864 posts
  •  
Hendo
LOL

I recommend 70% boobies and 85% bottoms, the rest are just grey areas.
Nov 2007
8:48pm, 15 Nov 2007
2,133 posts
  •  
Boingy
LOL
Ted
Nov 2007
8:49pm, 15 Nov 2007
524 posts
  •  
Ted
*pfft*
Nov 2007
9:03pm, 15 Nov 2007
11,181 posts
  •  
I'm with Hendo on that one. ;-)
Nov 2007
9:17pm, 15 Nov 2007
2,126 posts
  •  
hellen
I think my zones might be similar to yours velo. When I am rebelling and going for an easy, conversational, looking at the scenery, stopping for a pee type of run , as aposed to a dragging my heels run it equates to around 72-73%. I like those runs.
Jsut done a tempo run today which, exluding the first mile was 85%ish (not calculated it), that run felt hard but could have done more (it was 5miles) didnt feel sick and could have held a 1 sentance at a time conversation.

About This Thread

Maintained by Elderberry
Everything you need to know about training with a heart rate monitor. Remember the motto "I can maintain a fast pace over the race distance because I am an Endurance God". Mind the trap door....

Gobi lurks here, but for his advice you must first speak his name. Ask and you shall receive.

A quote:

"The area between the top of the aerobic threshold and anaerobic threshold is somewhat of a no mans land of fitness. It is a mix of aerobic and anaerobic states. For the amount of effort the athlete puts forth, not a whole lot of fitness is produced. It does not train the aerobic or anaerobic energy system to a high degree. This area does have its place in training; it is just not in base season. Unfortunately this area is where I find a lot of athletes spending the majority of their seasons, which retards aerobic development. The athletes heart rate shoots up to this zone with little power or speed being produced when it gets there." Matt Russ, US International Coach