6 watchers
Mar 2016
7:02am, 21 Mar 2016
6,843 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Good Morning team 4 :)

These are the wonderful supporters:

Fitz HOD Adorescience Ceratonia Cris Garth debbo Josh_hand and Dean Murley's family

We will be cheering, hugging, nagging, feeding the following fantastic runners: Paul the builder, SherryB, Crazy Kleigh Baby, Lady Alton, donran Foxy, hope to..., englandlynda. Smiling Pete, mort34, Battlecat, Non-runner, and DeanMurley

-(apologies for any name typos)

please check I have you the right side of the fence!

If you could be starting to fill in your wants and needs and how we can spot you onto the big spreadsheet ( there's a link on the main fetchpoint thread) that would be good

Supporters - look after your voices!

happy training runners
Mar 2016
11:19am, 21 Mar 2016
6,851 posts
  •  
Rosehip
And the lists are now corrected (again) - Josh is a runner not a supporter - oops sorry!
Mar 2016
1:56pm, 21 Mar 2016
4,859 posts
  •  
Battlecat
Rrrarrrgrhhhhh - Go Team 4!!

I've been a supporter for I think the last 8 years at Fetchpoint. So excited to finally being the other side of the fence for mile 13 AND 22 this time

(one year I pulled out halfway because I wasn't well so went through at 13 and then crossed the road and fetchpointed for a bit)
Mar 2016
2:37pm, 21 Mar 2016
5,405 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Marvellous to meet you all, thanks for having me on what is clearly the best team :-).

I won't be terribly taxing on the supporter's logistics - just a big shout and a wave back is all. It's a lovely boost, especially on the second pass when legs are starting to yell...
Mar 2016
2:51pm, 21 Mar 2016
4,860 posts
  •  
Battlecat
Right - I've updated the spreadsheet. I've estimated a 4 hour finish time but I might change that nearer the time. I have no clue how I'm going to get on really. I'll probably be early through mile 13 and late through mile 22!

I'm a low maintenance team member too like PtB. Just a shout and a wave for me, I might request a piece of orange if it's a hot day.
Mar 2016
7:18pm, 23 Mar 2016
1,465 posts
  •  
Fitz
Hi Rosehip, thanks for setting up the team 4 thread, just catching up after being out of range for a few days. Really looking forward to supporting Team 4 on the day but don't know too much about what's expected of me / us, having never Fetchpointed before...
Mar 2016
7:44pm, 23 Mar 2016
6,866 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Fetchpoint is:
1)some folks get there nice and early and blow up loads of balloons, nab our space set up signs.
2)some more folks turn up bit later and blow up a load more balloons and sort out orange slices, jelly babies, cheesy biscuits etc

3)team captains should have a copy of the spready,list of who (runners) to expect when, what theyl look like/are wearing and if they have asked for anything at mile 22
4)Minardi opens the prosecco and hits someone with a flying cork
5)we are all blown away by the elites and then slowly lose our voices screaming at Fetchies going past at mile 13 on the other side of the road
6)as the first runners come past on our side of the road - mile 22 someone (in another team, phew) does a magnificent gel handover to JockItch
7) we completely lose our voices yelling at more runners, clap our hands sore, dish out hugs, get sweaty ones in return, get covered in sticky jelly baby and orange juice from 100s of slices handed out
8)some folks drift away others join us
9)those that can stay until the last fetchie runner is through and tidy up the mess we've made

we all end up in The Chandos then fall asleep on the way home and almost end up in Peterborough

(oh, the last one might just be me )
Mar 2016
11:17am, 27 Mar 2016
1,467 posts
  •  
Fitz
That's a comprehensive summary 😀
I *should* be available for the early shift.
Mar 2016
10:42am, 30 Mar 2016
6,892 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Team 4 - runners, please don't forget to fill in the spreadsheet (link in the sidebar) if you have a picture in your gallery that will help us to identify you that helps too :)
Mar 2016
11:59am, 31 Mar 2016
251 posts
  •  
hope to...
Will head over to the spreadsheet just as soon as I have worked out just how slow I will be! Will be wearing a fetch top with 'hope to' on the front.

Thank you to everyone in this group. Makes it so much more fun when you have something to look forward to en route.

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
Supporters: Rosehip(captain)Fitz HOD Adorescience Ceratonia,Cris Garth debbo and Dean Murley's family...

Runners:Josh_hand, Paul the builder, SherryB, Crazy Kleigh Baby, Lady Alton, donran, Foxy, hope to..., englandlynda. Smiling Pete, mort34, Battlecat, Non-runner, and DeanMurley

Spreadsheet to fill in: docs.google.com