mindmate.org.uk
(specifically for young people)

Both are Leeds based resources.
Jan 2017
6:13pm, 27 Jan 2017
1,194 posts
  •  
Serendippily
How are you doing today jangles? Have thought of you on and off all day ()
Jan 2017
12:57pm, 30 Jan 2017
26,322 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Those are great info resources Pou, thanks. :-) G
Jan 2017
1:03pm, 30 Jan 2017
26,323 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
And HB too, a lot of these link to same tools and info, which is good (joined up!) :-) G
Jan 2017
1:05pm, 30 Jan 2017
33,094 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I've been put in the direction of Mindspace app on iphone/pad there are others as well.

It's good first 10 sessions free (can repeat) then charges from then on
Jan 2017
1:45pm, 30 Jan 2017
2,791 posts
  •  
jangles
Serendippily, to answer your above question:

Friday's therapy session saw me just crying a lot. I just let it out for an hour and when the hour was up, I closed up the vent, held my breath, raised my head and walked away. I bought a bag of chips on the way home and then ate pizza for dinner followed by ice cream. When you feel shit about yourself, there barely seems any good reason for wanting to look after yourself properly. I don't care what I look like and nobody seems to want to look at me so why care at all? I'm still forcing myself out of my comfort zone and trying to be sociable even though I feel I'm dying inside and all I really want to do is sleep.

Mostly I'm just constantly anxious which is now manifesting itself in physical pain. I find it impossible to relax and even in sleep I feel like I'm fighting demons and wake up feeling exhausted before the day has even started.
Jan 2017
2:47pm, 31 Jan 2017
49 posts
  •  
Flopsie
Hugs to Jangles.

I'm popping in after being quiet for a while. Things seem to be bubbling up again but have been trying my hardest to suppress it. Keeping really busy, lots of running, housey stuff, spending all my money on things to buy happiness etc. That's worked mostly until today, today i have stared at work computer since 830, I'm ignoring my friends messages and im feeling the feelings. I'm scared it's all happening again. I don't want to admit it to myself, its something i try to bury away. In reality i want a hug, im scared. I worry i've kidded myself all this time. I've been off AD's for the last year, i've put all the weight i lost back on and on the surface its great. Maybe today is just a really bad day, i know i'm probably totally over reacting but , and im sure most of you will get it, once youve been there you dont want to go back. It nearly got me before and im so happy with the place i had myself to that any other option seems terrible. Weirdly though the familiartity seems comforting in a way, to just stop fighting it and let it be....i know thats ridiculous!! I hate the confusing feelings this brings.

Sorry for the ramble, i used to journal my feelings like this but havent done it in a year! I just needed to get it out, but in a place where its anonymous but people understand.
Jan 2017
3:20pm, 31 Jan 2017
1,218 posts
  •  
Serendippily
(()) Flopsie I feel your fear and your familiarity. it works best for me to try not to see too many patterns in things, hope you can rest xx
Jan 2017
3:29pm, 31 Jan 2017
50 posts
  •  
Flopsie
Thanks Serendippily. I think the patterns are the worst, you remember 'last time i felt like this....' etc. I know a bad day happens now and then, i just worry because i know I've been pushing it down and trying to ignore it. I remember saying last week to a friend I was scared to miss a run because i didn't want to stop because when i do then it gets a gap to get in.

Feel a bit better after getting it out :) Thanks xx
Jan 2017
4:02pm, 31 Jan 2017
1,219 posts
  •  
Serendippily
there is always an ear and a () here :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE