The 5:2 diet

89 watchers
Mar 2014
9:17am, 26 Mar 2014
9,351 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
Fast day!
I find Wednesday fasts easy as I start getting excited about my weekly weigh in tomorrow. Currently 3lbs to healthy and hoping to take a bit off that tomorrow :)
Mar 2014
12:44pm, 26 Mar 2014
5,090 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Not fasting today as I'm off out tonight.

Fast tomorrow ..........depending on the size of the hangover :-)
Mar 2014
6:36am, 27 Mar 2014
9,360 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
How's the head? :)

Scales say 10st 6.8lbs this morning which is a loss of just over 2lbs this week, less than 1lb to go until a healthy BMI, 17lbs lost since new year and now closer to 10 than 11 :) :)
.B.
Mar 2014
7:03am, 27 Mar 2014
10,686 posts
  •  
.B.
that's really good OB, well done :-)
Mar 2014
11:05am, 27 Mar 2014
5,091 posts
  •  
bigleggy
:-) OK thanks , and well done !

Kind of doing a '2' day today. Not eating until this evening but my meal will be more than 600 cals.

Sorry - I'm just genetically programmed not to waste food and I either eat it tonight or bin it. Going for an early morning run tomorrow then having a delayed weekly weigh in. Not expecting any loss this week. I just can't be good enough on the normal days !!
Mar 2014
11:19am, 27 Mar 2014
9,362 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
This week I feel like I've eaten loads on my non-fast days but it has all been low carb (with the notable exception of a bottle wine, 2 pints of cider, a doughnut and a gigantic portion of pie and mash last Friday....)
I've discovered that I can eat as much as I want and still lose weight providing it's low carb, Gary Taubes was right :)
I made some low carb chocolate and peanut butter bars last weekend and filled the freezer with them, it's made doing low carb less of a bind!
Mar 2014
11:21am, 27 Mar 2014
5,092 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Recipe !!!
Mar 2014
11:37am, 27 Mar 2014
9,363 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
I found some chocolate which is Tesco’s finest 85% cocoa plain cooking chocolate. It’s only 17.5g of carbs per 100g. I also spent ages looking at labels and finding the lowest carb peanut butter, which was quite an expensive one in the end.
I mixed about 250g of peanut butter with 100g of ground almonds and 2 tablespoons of stevia (a virtually calorie free sweetener that comes from a plant and not a lab) and mixed until it’s a dough-like consistency, add more almonds until it loses the stickiness. Grabbed chunks of it and shaped it into little flat ovals, put them on some greaseproof paper and chilled for half an hour to make them firmer. Then melted the chocolate, added 2 tablespoons of stevia to it and dipped the peanut butter ovals into it, you’ll want to do it quick as the peanut butter melts if it’s too warm. Bung them straight in the freezer. You can eat them straight out of the freezer as the peanut butter doesn’t freeze solid so easy to grab on the go.
Mar 2014
7:31pm, 27 Mar 2014
1,347 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Ooooh sounds lovely OB. My difficulty with low carb is that I'm a chocolate freak and things like Atkin's bars are so expensive. I love peanut butter too, so will definitely be trying this one. What peanut butter did you use? Or is that a trade secret :-)
Mar 2014
10:39pm, 27 Mar 2014
9,367 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
It's called Whole Earth and I got the crunchy one. :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Spark
Anyone want to try it with me?

Info - m.bbc.co.uk

5 days of 'normal' eating and 2 days eating 600 calories (men), 500 calories (women).

Fast days are best not done on consecutive days, unless you have amazing willpower.

Helpful links-

pinterest.com

facebook.com