Ultra Marathons

5 lurkers | 455 watchers
6:26am
6:26am, 19 Apr 2024
8,718 posts
  •  
Pothunter
I have to say I’m not reading these comments and thinking “that’s a race for the bucket list” 😂
8:21am
8:21am, 19 Apr 2024
440 posts
  •  
SimonF
Pothunter The Fellsman is a classic race. It has evolved from origins as a scout hike, hence the slightly arcane kit list, but this also means that the atmosphere is not like newer "ultras". Each checkpoint has its own identity (the Lakeland 100 has definitely borrowed from this) and although the rule of grouping (where you had to form up into groups of at least 4 at sunset) has gone in the last couple of years, the fact that there are both elite runners and slow hikers in this, all of whom are catered for, gives it a unique flavour.

The fact it runs through some of the best Yorkshire countryside and is a challenge to complete should put in on your bucket list. There rests the case for the defence.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
Any upcoming races you want putting in the header then drop me (Rosehip) an Fmail & I'll put it in

Spine tracker

live.opentracking.co.uk

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.