Email Password Forgot? | Register

Ultra Marathons

0 lurkers | 313 watchers
8:17am, 12 Dec 2014
3625 posts
Just thought I'd chuck on here that me a 't missus did the Frostbite Ultra on Saturday. I don't think this is a particularly well-known race South of the Pennines, but it was worth the effort. This was its 3rd year and probably biggest field of around 200. It's essentially a circuit of the more picturesque parts of Nidderdale in North Yorkshire, start/finish is in Pateley Bridge. The course was slightly longer this year, I clocked 34 miles.
10:27am, 12 Dec 2014
2771 posts
Hey An.....each year is different. Have done Arrowhead twice (and failed)....first year I did it, it was a warm -15 with constant soft snow packed snow. A number of "runners" had achilles injury (including me). The year I missed, was wet & mushy so folks got hypothermia and then this year it was -50 so folks got frostbite (including me...I like going along with the crowd). Rovaniemi will be warmer than Arrowhead but can still go down to a not so bad -30.
3:04pm, 14 Dec 2014
2773 posts
Darn it Flanker.....am blaming you......
9:04am, 15 Dec 2014
3629 posts
What did he do??
12:34pm, 15 Dec 2014
2774 posts
....well I booked it...and my mother ain't happy!......so I had to blame someone to going back to the cold.
2:22pm, 16 Dec 2014
15463 posts
it's always my fault.

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

This week: Elf deliveries, more puddles, a birthday cake, puddle-avoiding dog, I high five santa and our long run reaches double figures!

About This Thread

Any upcoming races you want putting in the header then drop me (ogee) an fmail & i'll put it Link (roll over me to see where I go)#. Remember to list the race in your portfolio.
Trying to work about 6 weeks in advance or it'll get too crowded. :-)

Get your pom poms out for...

***If you would like to contribute an event report or photo to the Ultra Tales community e-magazine (www.ultratales.com) then please email ultratales@gmail.com***

Link for the Latest edition of Ultra Tales

www.ultratales.wordpress.com

***New website for Social Ultras (All free)***
Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Tags
None

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close