Stockport Big 10km

3 watchers
Aug 2012
12:22pm, 10 Aug 2012
2,847 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Indeed. But Kwaka and Malcolm are on the case so I'm sure that it won't be a double back up the parkrun hill ;).
Sep 2012
5:11pm, 22 Sep 2012
2,129 posts
  •  
Manc Girl
See you tomorrow-looking forward to this !
Sep 2012
12:25pm, 23 Sep 2012
1,239 posts
  •  
pato1967
What did everyone think? - I thought it was a good first attempt for this run - the middle section of the route was a bit uninspiring and the finish sneaked up on you as it was tucked just round a corner. But other than that it's a thumbs up from me :-)
Sep 2012
5:29pm, 23 Sep 2012
2,130 posts
  •  
Manc Girl
I agree with you Pato- was very good inaugural run, the route throught the housing estate was similar to the Stockport 10m wasn'tit, but I quite liked the little " trail" bit off New Zealand Rd, was not keen on the brew through the Market, but all in all, enjoyed it and would do it again -there was no drink in my goody bag tho, but my friend had one !!
Sep 2012
8:33am, 24 Sep 2012
2,878 posts
  •  
RunningBob
I enjoyed the race. It was sort of surreal to run up the middle of the A6 as the road just closed in front of us - the road closures and marshalling was all spot on. The ins and outs in the estates were lacking in "iconic scenery". But the park was nice and the run in through the historic parts of town was great.

This was a really good effort given that Life Leisure are new to race organisation. There will be online entry next year. I got a drink in the goody bag but water at the finish is essential. A 400m to go sign would have been nice. And perhaps local radio could get involved. But the basics are there and with some work I could imagine 1000 runners taking part in a couple of years time.
Sep 2012
11:58am, 24 Sep 2012
2,881 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Results are here thepowerof10.info

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningBob
This is part of a series of events in Stockport in September. On consecutive weeks there is a 10 mi...