Runners trots

11 watchers
4 Mar
6:40pm, 4 Mar 2024
6,985 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Bus open is available over the counter but is mostly used for stomach cramps. Two of my meds are consultant prescription only (for this purpose) the other is Imodium. I think you can get some quick acting version of Imodium but none of it is instant. It reduces gut motility so whatever is in your bowel will still be there ready to be evacuated but new stuff will take longer to get there (in basic terms).
9 Mar
1:34pm, 9 Mar 2024
10,249 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I do my long runs early morning. I just make sure that I go to the toilet twice before leaving the house. Effectively, what I pass the second time is what would be the runners' trots.

By just not rushing out the door means that I don't get any issues during my long runs.
21 Mar
9:38am, 21 Mar 2024
15,020 posts
  •  
hellen
I try to evacuate before I go and sit on the loo for ages but very often, no matter how much I push nothing wants to come out
21 Mar
1:25pm, 21 Mar 2024
7,032 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Just noticed the autocorrect in my post at the TOTP - made me laugh. Should have read Buscopan.

Hellen - do you have a coffee? That and moving around can help.
30 Mar
10:28pm, 30 Mar 2024
15,021 posts
  •  
hellen
No I don’t tend to drink coffee. Could try I suppose but I tend not to drink before a race otherwise I need to wee

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
Years ago I worked out that if I evacuated 💩before I ran, didn’t eat dairy the day before and didn’t eat dairy during my run/marathon/ultra I would more or less be ok.
I had a bit of time out from marathons due to injuries and other stuff but got back into them last year. I seem to be having đź’©problems again. In November I did 100km and had to visit the toilet 11 times, it was ridiculous. I took 6 immodium during that event (2 initially then more later). I thought it must have been ...