Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker.

The revenue generated from the adverts on the site is a critical part of our funding - and it's because of these ads that I can offer the site for free. But using the site for free AND blocking the ads doesn't feel like a great thing to do, which is why this box is so large and inconvenient. Some sites will completely block your access, but I'm not doing that - I'm appealing to your good nature instead. Did you know that you can allow ads for specific sites, whilst still blocking them on others?

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Happy To Chat

10 watchers
8 Nov
7:51pm, 8 Nov 2019
14148 posts
Rosehip
talking to strangers you don't expect to ever see again is much less hard than talking to people that you are introduced to and may be expected to "befriend" - well for me anyway. I can talk to random people in cafes or on buses the other end of the country, put me in a room full of friends of friends/family/acquaintances and I'm useless.
8 Nov
7:51pm, 8 Nov 2019
14149 posts
Rosehip
except for Fetchies - it's easy to chat to Fetchies :)
8 Nov
8:21pm, 8 Nov 2019
58285 posts
swittle
Liverpool's world famous for folk spontaneously striking up conversations. On the beach today, I stopped near a man taking photos of the sea & sunset. He started up at once about the lack of decent sunsets. I spotted his hearing aids but he gently reminded me that he lip read.

Lost track of the number of people who've asked me why I'm not running!
8 Nov
9:35pm, 8 Nov 2019
33202 posts
Night-owl
I'm so much like Rosehip
8 Nov
11:14pm, 8 Nov 2019
3293 posts
Surrey Phil
I usually find myself (and I'm sure others do too) chatting to strangers at races. Either on the walk-in, during pre-race time and, after a few miles, striking up a conversation with someone running at your pace.
WA
8 Nov
11:51pm, 8 Nov 2019
6314 posts
WA
Yes I do that. That's normal though. I think it's the sitting on a bench that makes me recoil. It also makes me think of that drama warm up where you sit on a bench and ad lib a character.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I’ve just discovered that the town near us has installed a ‘Happy To Chat’ bench to combat lon...