Garmin touch screen - aarrgh!

3 watchers
Apr 2019
4:36pm, 8 Apr 2019
31,120 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I should do. I hardly ever create routes manually though. I either need a different watch, or need to be more careful with the screen or move to a warmer country! :-) G
Apr 2019
5:26pm, 8 Apr 2019
41,205 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I was also going to make nostalgic reference to the bezel on the 405. My Edge 800 can start displaying all sorts of odd parameters in a shower of rain, which is interesting because if I want to change something on the front screen on purpose I have to thump it quite hard. I like buttons :)
Apr 2019
10:57pm, 8 Apr 2019
2,124 posts
  •  
Fitz
No problems at all with my 620, nor the 610 before it. But it rains less here.
Apr 2019
2:21pm, 24 Apr 2019
1,487 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
This was one of the things that made me change from a Vivoactive HR and put me off getting the Vivoactive 3. I lost loads of runs in the wet when I had a jacket on.

I went for the Forerunner 645 as it had no touchscreen. It's actually quite a bit of effort to get to the discard option on this device.
Apr 2019
2:31pm, 24 Apr 2019
32,990 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
Unhelpful comment coming up! :-)

I never ran in a jacket. If it rained, I got wet - very refreshing.

End of unhelpful comment. :-)
Sep 2019
9:46am, 13 Sep 2019
10 posts
  •  
The Running Andy
Love my VA3 but you've now reminded me of how much I hated it last winter. When doing intervals double tapping the screen sometimes doesn't work but my wet sleeves can make it work whenever they want. Might just have to buy myself a new winter watch without the touch screen
Sep 2019
11:50am, 13 Sep 2019
32,366 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol Andy. Yes, my wet, flapping sleeve can double tap the screen like a boss!

Luckily, when it's cold and wet enough to have on a jacket, I just lock the screen because I'm not doing intervals. If I'm doing intervals it's usually short enough (and hard enough) to not need a jacket. So there is no intersect in the Venn diagram of cold + wet WITH intervals! :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Bit of a niche one this, but aaargh to the Garmin touch screen in the rain (which we have quite a bi...