Sports Glasses

1 watcher
Mar 2019
10:53am, 16 Mar 2019
14,171 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Hi, for the hard of seeing, have any of you bought sports glasses recently and anyone bought them online.

Any thoughts, experiences.

I have had my current ones for 12 years and they need replaced. They are some sort of adidas with inserts and 2 sets of lenses.

I have found these, and they do varifocal which I now need.

Thoughts ?

sportsglasses.online
Mar 2019
12:18pm, 16 Mar 2019
7,951 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I have bought glasses a few times from here: rxsport.co.uk
I have Oakley sports glasses with transitions lenses - work perfectly for me when mountain biking as they go to clear when I’m in the trees, but dark when in the light / sunshine. They are genuine Oakley lenses and I’m on my second set (due to prescription changing).

I also bought ski goggles and an insert from them. Again, really happy with them and how they perform.

I have purchased prescription glasses from glassesdirect before and they just don’t seem as good as ones from the high street opticians, whereas the RXSport ones are as good (IMO).

(I have corrections for astigmatisms in both eyes - and I think that’s where the quality may differ...?)
Mar 2019
4:08pm, 17 Mar 2019
26,068 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
OH has been very happy with the glasses he gets from Optilabs optilabs.com - he's a cyclist but there's a lot of cross-over between running and cycling glasses I think. He went for the inserts, but I think I will go for prescription lenses as being less faffy (albeit with less variability with the choice of shields of course.) He had broke one pair and the customer service getting a replacement was excellent.
Mar 2019
4:13pm, 17 Mar 2019
26,177 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Same as Cath, Oakley transitions that I use for biking and running but I went to the RXsport shop at Wittering, also got normal Oakley glasses from there and goggles for mountain biking.

I also have Adidas Evil Eyes from local opticians with the insert although the insert could do with updating to latest prescription.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bazoaxe
Hi, for the hard of seeing, have any of you bought sports glasses recently and anyone bought them on...