Kids and their Santa lists

1 watcher
WA
Dec 2017
5:47pm, 23 Dec 2017
4,809 posts
  •  
WA
I'm sitting here wrapping gifts and recalling previous presents.
What's the oddest thing your kids have asked for? (this year or previous years)
And did Santa bring it?

For me, it's Marigold, aged 3, asking Santa for a Singing Frog and telling everyone she knew that that's what Santa was bringing.

Thankfully, Santa obliged. And it still makes an appearance every Christmas!
Dec 2017
5:58pm, 23 Dec 2017
37,340 posts
  •  
While Raptor Knitted Socks by Night
When I was 3, I asked for either a toy Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or an umbrella. My mother strung me along telling me I had to choose between them, so I was very surprised and pleased to get both.

VP once asked for a present of a jar of pickled gherkins, but I can't remember the occasion.
Dec 2017
6:13pm, 23 Dec 2017
3,237 posts
  •  
Cyclops the one-eyed reindeer
My son, aged 3, surprised a Santa by visiting him in his grotto and asking for a Barbie. He got one too!
WA
Dec 2017
6:47pm, 23 Dec 2017
4,810 posts
  •  
WA
Brilliant! V'rap your needs were modest! Cyclops- what a star!
Dec 2017
7:35pm, 23 Dec 2017
7,027 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Ours were made up with the "games room" (garage with table tennis table) at the holiday cottage we stayed in recently. There is a kids size table tennis table awaiting assembly in mum's garage so they can have a games room at granny's. I don't think we'll see much of them on xmas day. Not exactly a request but they have been moaning that we don't have room for a table tennis table since we got home.

Granny has bought it for them but we were involved in the scheming/ordering.
Dec 2017
7:44pm, 23 Dec 2017
729 posts
  •  
Meep Meep
Child jokingly asked this year for 50 packs of prawn cocktail crisps. I have wrapped him up 3 6-packs up, think that's plenty!
Dec 2017
7:49pm, 23 Dec 2017
7,029 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Genius.
WA
Dec 2017
12:21am, 24 Dec 2017
4,811 posts
  •  
WA
:) Meep Meep. Hope he enjoys them!
Dec 2017
8:04am, 24 Dec 2017
24,719 posts
  •  
halfpint
Last year QP got a sausage nailed to a bit of bark. If you've seen Arthur Christmas this might make some sense. He also got ooglies* instead of normal satsuma & apple. I probably have a photo somewhere.

*Telly programme where they stuck googly eyes to things and animated them.
Dec 2017
7:00pm, 24 Dec 2017
8,643 posts
  •  
Ness
I remember a parent of a child a taught a few years ago being surprised by her request for ‘olives’ as the only birthday present she wanted. 😜

I’ve just read this on ‘tweb about a youngster who only wants one thing for Xmas...

bbc.co.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
I'm sitting here wrapping gifts and recalling previous presents.
What's the oddest thing ...