Rotterdam Marathon 2018

1 watcher
Nov 2017
8:05am, 18 Nov 2017
67 posts
  •  
Fordyboy
Morning All, I just thought I’d put the feelers out to see if any other Fetchies are doing/thinking of doing this in 2018 or if anyone has done it previously and what they thought of it?

Thanks
Nov 2017
8:18am, 18 Nov 2017
10,800 posts
  •  
Girlie
I did it this year in the heatwave that hit Western Europe that wekend! . Its very flat and if its not too hot has potential for a stonking PB. Well supported along the route and you finish in the main area.

The city is very modern and well worth a visit. We flew into Amsterdam and caught the train to rotterdam. Some clubmates did the ferry.
Nov 2017
5:16pm, 19 Nov 2017
68 posts
  •  
Fordyboy
Thanks for that Girlie. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler this year! I think I’m also going to fly in to Amsterdam and train it from there 👍
Nov 2017
6:17pm, 19 Nov 2017
548 posts
  •  
JenLov
I did it a few years ago. Nice race, flat and well supported. Fly and then the train from Amsterdam is very easy. We stayed in a hotel virtually on the start line. I'd advise booking somewhere early with free cancellation just in case.
Nov 2017
8:11pm, 19 Nov 2017
69 posts
  •  
Fordyboy
Thanks JenLov. I' already done as you suggested and booked somewhere close to the start. Just need to sort the flights and see if I can manage to put together a decent block of training :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fordyboy
Morning All, I just thought I’d put the feelers out to see if any other Fetchies are doing/thinkin...