Relive - the video app type thing

3 watchers
Nov 2017
7:29pm, 10 Nov 2017
38,325 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
That’s weird, Girlie.
I didn’t have to change my Garmin settings at all (though maybe they were already set to public without me knowing)
Nov 2017
7:48pm, 10 Nov 2017
5,582 posts
  •  
Pompey Paul
It worked easy for me, no settings changed on my Garmin, I just linked my Garmin Connect account to Relive like you do with Fetch to allow Fetch to pull your data
Nov 2017
7:50pm, 10 Nov 2017
20,349 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Yes I've used it several times, and didn't change any settings on anything. You do have to ask to have a video made, I think, Girlie, might that be the problem?

I think it's quite cool.
Nov 2017
7:50pm, 10 Nov 2017
10,797 posts
  •  
Girlie
I tried the linking, reinstalling both apps countless times before giving it up as a bad job.
Nov 2017
8:20pm, 10 Nov 2017
1,864 posts
  •  
FergusG
Did you change your privacy settings before your run, or after the event Girlie? I think it can only handle runs as they’re uploaded, and can’t handle changes afterwards.

For what it’s worth, mine is granted access to my strava account (which happens to be fed from my Garmin account) and works fine. It’s a bit crap that you need to keep the email messages to see the url for each video, as you can’t login and see a list of your videos.
Nov 2017
8:42pm, 10 Nov 2017
10,798 posts
  •  
Girlie
LD- There was no instruction or prompt to ask for a video to be made, I'll have another go from the pc at some point.
Nov 2017
9:17pm, 10 Nov 2017
42 posts
  •  
Mark Beech
Mine is linked to my strava it will only make a video for fresh public activities that are uploaded after you set it up. And in my experience it can only handle two activities per day.

There are plenty of people moaning on reddit that you can't select runs to be turned into videos, but they claim that is a design fusion to make it simpler to use.

If you pay £8/month you get some more features and the ability to add a soundtrack, which sounds cool, but personally think that is far to expensive.

Another problem with it is that they only give you 30 minutes from uploading the run to thinking up a witty title.

Here is my latest long run: relive.cc
Nov 2017
9:21pm, 10 Nov 2017
38,336 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
I like that run.
I liked the way the "camera" kind of panned round (and that you did an extra twiddly bit at the end)

Don't think I'd want to pay for it.
I just thought it was a cool little extra thing.
Nov 2017
9:27pm, 10 Nov 2017
10,799 posts
  •  
Girlie
Fergus, I did wonder that, so at that time, I deleted the app, changed the settings and re-installed it, hoping the next time I ran it would work. I was wrong, it never picked up anything following the changes.

Shame as it would have been nice to have the film route of Rotterdam and/or Birmingham marathons.
Nov 2017
9:46pm, 10 Nov 2017
43 posts
  •  
Mark Beech
It is a cool toy, and it does even have occasional practical uses.

Somewhere on Facebook folks have been collecting relive videos of different parkrun courses, and for some of them they make much more sense than the maps of the courses.

I've also found them useful for documenting group runs, as they change slightly from week to week and a flat map it would show confusing overlapping such as this relive.cc

It would be nice if relive just had an option to upload a gpx, or we can wait to see what Fetch builds to compete with them?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
This seems to be popular on Facebook so I tried it on my run this morning.

https://www.relive.cc...